Possible to have TV2 use IR??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

audballz

Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
Hello all,
I was wondering if it was possible to have TV2 controlled by IR instead of UHF. I want to connect TV2 out to my PC's capture card and stream it to my workplace. But I wont be able to have the pc change the channels on TV2 via UHF. Nothing exists for PC. I know there are IR to UHF convertors, but there is no UHF to IR convertors. Is there any way to change remote mode for TV2?

Thanks,
Aud

Yes there is. I use a sling-box to do the same thing. Take an IR remote - change the remote id to #1 (make sure tv1 isn't the same), hit record while on the dish-info screen. Bingo - you are there.

that doesn't make sense, what you describe will change the address of TV1 not TV2.

As far as I know there has been no progress yet on the feature request for IR control of TV2.

Or upgrade an old receiver to a ViP211. For $49 net and the same monthly bill, I now can output HD to projector and letterboxed HD and 4X3 SD to my TiVo which controls channels on the 211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)