Possible to watch recordings from multiple DVRs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Big D Z

Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
I tried searching but wasn't able to find this question asked before.

Is it possible to watch recordings from one DVR on another DVR?

For example, if I have 2 ViP622 receivers, is there a way to share recordings between the two receivers in order to watch any recording?

To summarize thus far:

There is no remote control button to send a program from 622A to 622B. But, if you have TV2 from both DVRs caonnected to a coax wired house then one 622 TV2 could be like channel 62 and the other 622 TV could be channel 52 then everybody can watch either 622's recording. Or, you could buy an external harddrive and connect it to the 622 that has the recording; transfer it to the drive; move the drive to the other 622 and watch from the drive or restore it to this 622. Or, you can run an HDMI cable between the 622s then plug one end into the 622 that has the recording and the other end into the TV in the other 622 room. Or you reverse the cable going from the second 622 to the TV in the first 622 room.

Maybe I should clarify my previous statement.

Search these forums for "DLNA". It was demoed on a Dish Network 222 receiver at CES this January.

DLNA is an industry standard that will allow for networked video. You could play recordings from a 622 (a DLNA server) on, for example, a Playstation 3 (a DLNA client). For more info, go to Home - DLNA .

Can I play shows from DVR and transfer them on VHS/DVD? If yes, how good or bad is the picture quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)