Possible workaround to * key display format bug on 921

sirlurkalot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
Corona, CA
Posted to the "other" forum in the bug reporting thread, but hought it would be useful here too.

I'm experiencing the stretched 4:3 display problem like others, but only saw reboots being suggested to fix the unresponsive * key.

I've found that after you change to a 4:3 channel and its stretched and the * key does nothing, that if you press "guide", then "Cancel", the * key magically operates as it should.

Hope that helps other in the meantime (reboots take too long!)

Cool and if you stand on one foot while rubbing your stomach and patting your head at the same time you will keep your ota stations locked while they are recording.

Sorry, but it is silly to have to learn all these work arounds just to operate this receiver. Honestly! When the newest software update comes it will change AGAIN all these work arounds and you will have new problems created.

The stupidest thing that Charlie did ,since the Microsoft dishplayer (7100/7200) fiasco , was to use an ENGLISH company like ELdon that had no access to the dish satellites. How can you write software when you are on another continent. Everything they do makes this machine operate worse. THey should have used the 721 team of software writers. This machine was at least stable till lately ,when the latest software update makes the remote control not function and the guide drop off.

Oh well after this year the 921 will be swapped out so this is all for nothing. Anything they do from now till the end of this year is a waste of time. I look for no new features of any significance. Especially name based recording. Why waste resources on a receiver that is discontinued ,due to the mpeg4 conversion? :confused:

sirlurkalot said:
Posted to the "other" forum in the bug reporting thread, but hought it would be useful here too.

I'm experiencing the stretched 4:3 display problem like others, but only saw reboots being suggested to fix the unresponsive * key.

I've found that after you change to a 4:3 channel and its stretched and the * key does nothing, that if you press "guide", then "Cancel", the * key magically operates as it should.

Hope that helps other in the meantime (reboots take too long!)

I found the same thing last night. You beat me to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)