Possibly relocating my Dish pan, 1 question

bcsman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Michigan
To get a better look at the 129 sat I am looking at relocating my Dish 1000.2 pan. Where I am thinking would require mounting to a pole driven in the ground. How far down do I need to bury it, I live in the thumb of Michigan? Thanks for any info or any other way to secure it.

Most posts should be about 3 feet under ground depending on the height of the post and if it would use additional support. I put a pole up (due to only line of sight) and only put it 1 foot under ground I packed but area surrounding the base with sand and packed sand about 12 feet inside the pole with height being 14 feet above ground. There are five support arms only a few feet apart with the dish attached to top of the pole instead of using the arm.

Poles should be below the frost line so the freeze thaw cycle doesn't shift the pole. For MI I would guess you are looking at a hole dug 4ft. deep with at least a bag of concrete at the bottom.

Yes indeed, if I relocate there and have to go 4' down it will be auger time! Checking out one more location but so many trees...ugh. Thankfully at least I have options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)