Possibly Upgrading - Questions

ersgta

Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
My family is currently with basic receivers and would like to upgrade to get DVRs and possibly one HD DVR.

Does anyone know if E* is willing to give current customers of about 7 years free DVRs or at least really good deals on some (or just one) of the receivers?

Also - I recall reading that there are 2, maybe 3 DVR receivers that are not charged the monthly fee. What are these models and does E* still offer those?

Thanks in advance!

You can try to talk to csr's, but Dish is not giving free upgrades anymore. As far as dvr's without fees, they are 501 and 508 (neither are available through Dish anymore). You may be able to buy them on ebay. If you order the All everything pack or higher, the dvr fee is waived.

garys said:
You can try to talk to csr's, but Dish is not giving free upgrades anymore. As far as dvr's without fees, they are 501 and 508 (neither are available through Dish anymore). You may be able to buy them on ebay. If you order the All everything pack or higher, the dvr fee is waived.
Dam!!! But for the price on ebay for used I would passed.
But I just bought a brand new DVR 625 for $185 off of ebay, so for me I wouldn't take the chance.
Good luck with what ever you buy.
Also whatever you buy don't forget to check the number with dish so you don't end up with a boat anchors. :eek:

If you are a 7-year customer with an account in good standing, you might want to check with D* for a price on what you're looking for, then contact E* with that information and see if they might give you some special accommodation to stay with them...

bhelms said:
If you are a 7-year customer with an account in good standing, you might want to check with D* for a price on what you're looking for, then contact E* with that information and see if they might give you some special accommodation to stay with them...
Dish don't care and I can tell you thats first hand!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)