post pictures of your setup!

mburgess

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
I also posted this in the dtv forum..
please post pictures of your setup..

I now have a 52inch screen and would like some design ideas...

I have been meaning to readd it, there was a bug in the software though and if someone uploaded a file which was too big it would mess up other parts of the board.

I have been waiting for a fix for that problem but none has come yet.

I am looking at other solutions. We should have something soon. :D

Here's mine: Sony 60XBR950 HDTV, Denon 2805 AV Receiver, Miller & Kreisel speakers, Dish 811 Receiver, Zenith cheapo DVD, Toshiba cheapo VHS VCR, Bell'o AVS 2601 stand, and the granddaddy of them all, a Sony 2700 Beta VCR. :eek:

Attachments

• HDTVsmall .jpg
    HDTVsmall .jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 790
Hmmm.

Here's mine. It ain't about home decor ....

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 700
Here is mine

Altho def not the nicest here by far, not too shabby for <$2k total

Saumsung 32HDTV fed by a 522 and 811, Pioneer 811 receiver, H/K 5.1 Surrounds

Yeah I know, the wires look like crap. One of these days I will get to it.
I rent, what can I tell ya! Wait 'till I buy a house.

Attachments

• DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 685
mboy said:
...Yeah I know, the wires look like crap. One of these days I will get to it...

Hah. I have wires visible between all the levels (but not when seated/viewing, only when standing in the room).

I just Photoshop them out to keep from getting flack about them.

Life's too short to worry about wires.

Bobby - That looks like a Denon AV receiver. Which model? Do you like it? (Dumb question.) I'm looking to replace my Sony DA1000ES with a Denon AVR985S, 2805S, or 3803S. As such, I'm selling my Sony ES receiver.

mboy - That's a very nice piece of furniture it all sits in. I'll bet you haven't factored that into your $2000 cost. It looks like it cost at least half that.

GaryPen said:
Bobby - That looks like a Denon AV receiver. Which model? Do you like it? (Dumb question.) I'm looking to replace my Sony DA1000ES with a Denon AVR985S, 2805S, or 3803S. As such, I'm selling my Sony ES receiver.

Gary, It's a Denon 4802. Yes, I not only like it, I love it. Works well with the 811 also. :) I got this guy at Magnolia a while back for $1500.

GaryPen said:

mboy - That's a very nice piece of furniture it all sits in. I'll bet you haven't factored that into your $2000 cost. It looks like it cost at least half that.

Well, I do like the furniture, I do consider it a negative tho it is nice it REALLY limited the size of the TV I could put in it. That was purchased WELL before there were even any thoughts of a decent HD HT :)

Where did you find a subwoofer shaped like a vaccum cleaner?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Nice Entertainment center.

mboy said:
Altho def not the nicest here by far, not too shabby for <$2k total

Saumsung 32HDTV fed by a 522 and 811, Pioneer 811 receiver, H/K 5.1 Surrounds

Yeah I know, the wires look like crap. One of these days I will get to it.
I rent, what can I tell ya! Wait 'till I buy a house.

Thanks, and no that really is a subwoofer :)

Entertainkent center was from Huffman Koos or some place like that. It's about 4.5-5 years old. Think it was 1.5k or so. About what all my HT stuff (electronics cost,lol).
Bought it waaaay before I got into the HT thing.
Pre-requisite for when wife and I buy a house is a BIG finished basement I can set up projector and a nice 9'X9' screen :) as well as my BIG computer room (I am an IT guy)

These pics are a little old. I've since re-arranged my LR, shifting this stuff to a different wall, and adding a 721, in addition to the 811.

Soon, I will be swapping the Sony receiver for a Denon, the Samsung DVD/VCR for a Sony DVD recorder, and the BIC tower speakers for bookshelf models.

I will post new pics when the new equipment is in. By that time, Scott should have the Member Theater Showcase back up, hopefully.

Attachments

• HT3a.jpg
    HT3a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 431
  • HT2a.jpg
    HT2a.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 425
  • HT1a.jpg
    HT1a.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 390

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)