hitachi 60" LCD 60VS810
Rotel DVD RDV-1060
Rotel Amp RSX-1067
B&W 12" SUB ASW750
B&W Cen Nautilus HTM1
B&W Front Nautilus 804
B&W Rear Nautilus 805
Dish 921

DAMN! That Rotel stuff is RARE and EXPENSIVE AS A MOFO!! GOOD LORD MAN.

LOL. Single huh? Actually I like the look of the cabinet, if not the Lladros. Since you are impressed with cost of things (like that handsome Rotel gear) you might like the porcelains more than you think. :)

ocaddict said:
Equipment is damn nice. But the china and cabinet looks like something my grandma picked out.

Attached is a pic of the setup closed. The MX-3000 allows everything to be controlled while the doors are shut. Got huge bonus points from the wife on the remote's ease of use. My 4 yo and 6 yo have the system figured out completely.

As a precaution I installed a couple fans in the back of the unit on a thermostat that are much more quiet than the Dish 921 (and the plasma) so I do not notice them when they come on.

My favorite part of the setup has to be the Von Schweikert speakers. Combined with the HSU sub, they sound HUGE.

Regards to all, fun seeing your set ups.

Attachments

• IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 219
Here is mine

It is VERY simple, but I do what I can do on a budget. I guess the main thing is I am happy with it.

Setup includes:

Phillips 34PW850H TV
Sony DAV-S300 (for Surround Sound)
RCA DRC212N (cheap Progressive Scan DVD player, nice though)
Dish 811

I have my left and right speakers on top of my entertainment center, are there other places that might be better to put them, the center speaker is on the top of the TV should I put the others there as well? They are small satellite speakers and mounting is a dead issue (wife). Anyway please give me thoughts and ideas. Sorry for the bad pic quality having a hard time with lighting in the room at the moment. Thanks!

Attachments

• P1010004_1.JPG
    P1010004_1.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 175
peallen said:
It is VERY simple, but I do what I can do on a budget. I guess the main thing is I am happy with it.

Setup includes:

Phillips 34PW850H TV
Sony DAV-S300 (for Surround Sound)
RCA DRC212N (cheap Progressive Scan DVD player, nice though)
Dish 811

I have my left and right speakers on top of my entertainment center, are there other places that might be better to put them, the center speaker is on the top of the TV should I put the others there as well? They are small satellite speakers and mounting is a dead issue (wife). Anyway please give me thoughts and ideas. Sorry for the bad pic quality having a hard time with lighting in the room at the moment. Thanks!

Not sure where your sitting in relation to the TV. I would put the fronts at the same level as the center. If you are viewing below the TV I would direct them down. You are in the same boat as my set up, Nothing on one side of the TV so you can't get ideal seperation. This is the one area I wish I could have addressed in my set up. You want to center your center speaker between your fronts. You are not going to get a lot of seperation with your left/right so close to you center. But HT is all about tradeoffs in most situations.

Gary:

The Plasma has great flesh tones and everything else - truly 3D and window-like; sadly, my camera operator is the suck. The pic was not intended to be a screen shot.

Regards.

GaryPen said:
You need to do something about the color on that flat screen. The fleshtones are awful.

BTW, leave the doors open. The equipment is the best part! You should put them behind the glass, and the nicknacks behind the doors.

TowJumper said:
Gary:

The Plasma has great flesh tones and everything else - truly 3D and window-like; sadly, my camera operator is the suck. The pic was not intended to be a screen shot.

Regards.

Ah, you got sucked in.... I'm sure Gary was speaking about the blues for skin color. :) I think your system looks pretty cool!

Bobby:

Yup he got me - forgot about the X-Men movie that was on when I snapped the picture.

Probably my fixation on his "Bush / 4 more wars" avatar threw me off. That always happens when I see, um (being nice), er propaganda. :)

Regards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts