post pictures of your setup!

cool, I'm glad I could help you out so you could see what how a 16x9 hd presentation should look like :)

I went the LCD route earlier this year as well...similar to ocaddict's arrangement:

50v500.jpg

Stuff in sig below, plus Sony DVD, VCR, Playstation 2, Kenwood VR-6050 receiver, Aiwa Sub, and Yamaha Tower/Satellite Speakers. I didnt like the stand that Hitachi made for the 50V500, so I went w/ this one from Techcraft instead.

found me a SONY 50" GRAND WEGA LCD REAR PROJECTION TV KF-50WE610 for $2300 is that a good price for it??Time to upgrade

cdprayor said:
found me a SONY 50" GRAND WEGA LCD REAR PROJECTION TV KF-50WE610 for $2300 is that a good price for it??Time to upgrade
How about a new Philips 60PW9363 for $1200 instead? I've got one in the garage I need to sell.

cdprayor said:

That's a damn good price. You buying it from someone used? It's a good TV man, you won't regret getting it. I guarantee it.

here's my setup i'll get a picture up soon

hitachi 60" LCD 60VS810
Rotel DVD RDV-1060
Rotel Amp RSX-1067
B&W 12" SUB ASW750
B&W Cen Nautilus HTM1
B&W Front Nautilus 804
B&W Rear Nautilus 805
Dish 921

skisocc said:
here's my setup i'll get a picture up soon

hitachi 60" LCD 60VS810
Rotel DVD RDV-1060
Rotel Amp RSX-1067
B&W 12" SUB ASW750
B&W Cen Nautilus HTM1
B&W Front Nautilus 804
B&W Rear Nautilus 805
Dish 921

Obviously not scared to spend money. Rotel? Never even HEARD of that shiat. Surprised more of you bigscreen lovers don't have the DVD Upconversion models like I got. Although I guess if I had a 921, my 1 DVI would be utilizing that port. :)

actually looked at a few but i am just waiting till i see the blue ray disc or the hd dvd red laser makes a break out. The upconversion on looked slightly better than the rotel dvd player that i ended up with

You'll be waiting awhile. And to be honest. My upconversion DVD looks an ASSLOAD better than progressive scan. The bigger the screen, the uglier progressive looks. It just wasn't made for bigass TV's like we are running.

yea it might be awhile but i waited along time to get all this so i can wait awhile longer for hd-dvd plus my one dvi for dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)