Post Your Dish Hopper Install Experience: Did You Survive?

Here's a few questions i came up with for people who have finished installation:
1) How many Hopper/Joeys were installed?
1 Hopper
2) Were you able to get the best promotional price for the Hopper system?
Yes
3) Who did the install/upgrade? Dish Network Tech, Retailer, or Third Party Contractor
I did the installation, I am independent DN Installer
4) How long did the install take? hours? days?
It was a new install client never had DN, he was a cable guy, 2 hours, but phone call for activation took 3 hours
5) What was the overall install experience?
Compared to Dual Tuner Vip722K I'll say the same
6) What problems did you have during the install?
Activation of the Hopper
7) After the install: What immediate problems did the tech leave you with that need to be fixed right away by Dish?
I always finish the installation, client only has to enjoy programming chosen
8) After the install: What problems will you'll fix on your own or waiting for Dish to push a software fix?
Like I mention before, Dish entered the info wrong, they had on screen a 612 receiver instead of the hopper.
9) Anything else?
Client was amaze with the image resolution, he heard DN HD was good, but when he saw a few channels he said it was 10 times better of what he imagine it was.
This is my little grain of sand, it was the first Hopper I installed, Client only wanted a Hopper for 1 TV only, but I am sure he'll call for a few Joeys

2 Hoppers and 1 joey
Yes i sure did :D
3) Who did the install/upgrade? Dish Network Tech, Retailer, or Third Party Contractor
Dish tech
2 hours
Was good
None
7) After the install: What immediate problems did the tech leave you with that need to be fixed right away by Dish?
None
8) After the install: What problems will you'll fix on your own or waiting for Dish to push a software fix?
After the tech left did not know that he failed to connect the hopper to the internet had the hic usb but he took it with him with the 722, So hooked it up myself
9) Anything else?
none

1) How many Hopper/Joeys were installed?​

• [*=1]2H/2J (upgraded from two 722's)

2)
Were you able to get the best promotional price for the Hopper system?​

• [*=1]Discounted, but not the best promo price.

3)
Who did the install/upgrade? Dish Network Tech, Retailer, or Third Party Contractor

• [*=1]Dish

4)
How long did the install take? hours? days?​

• [*=1]4 or 5 hours

5)
What was the overall install experience?​

• [*=1]Installer (Sudan from RI/CT) was awesome. He was going to use a Single node which would not have worked with my config, something I pointed out. I think it was just a slip of the tongue, because as soon as I said I 'thought' I needed a Duo, he caught on and knew exactly what to do. In fact, his idea on how to wire was way simpler than what I thought was needed.
    [*=1]I knew my dish needed to be peaked and requested as such for the install, but I think it wasn't on his work order. It was way off (got rain fade before the rain even started). He also replaced one of the lines because it was split and corroded.

6) What problems did you have during the install?​

• [*=1]I had a bunch of family visiting (lots of kids wanting to watch TV) from out of state keep getting in the way, but that was not the fault of the installer. :D

• [*=1]None. He even contacted me a few days later to make sure all was well.

• [*=1]MoCA not configured, so Joey's couldn't access BB@H, etc. Found the instructions thanks to this site.
    [*=1]Transferred programs from EHD to Hopper caused most to be corrupted. No fix.
    [*=1]One Hopper hard drive was failing after a month (random reboot, long pauses when watching a program). Was able to transfer programs to EHD, but not yet dared try to transfer back to the Hopper.
    [*=1]The last week or so, started having 'Lost Signal' issue with one tuner in both Hoppers (See http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/299350-Cold-Weather-issue?p=3063590#post3063590). Turns out to be a cold-weather issue with Duo node mounted outside. Need to request a replacement that is mounted in my basement.
    [*=1]Software issues:

• [*=1]FFW/RWD erratic on Joey's. You never know where in a recorded program you will end up. Very frustrating.
      [*=1]When you pressed Info twice, you would see which satellite the channel was using. I haven't figured how to do this now.
      [*=1]Wish you could pause for 2 hours again. Sometimes I don't want to record a program, but am frequently interrupted.
      [*=1]Can no longer rename recorded programs (don't care about loss of stock image).
      [*=1]An easier way to stop a program that already started recording.
      [*=1]The :29 and :59 happens intermittently.

9) Anything else?

• [*=1]Absolutely love it. Was apprehensive about signing another contract, but I no longer feel I'm using 15 year old technology.
    [*=1]Love Game Finder. An option to record all games (NFL, NCAAF, etc.) without manually creating funky timers would be nice. Even better would be a 'Follow my team' option so that only certain teams are recorded (HINT HINT).

1) I had 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys installed on New Year's.
2) I got a very good price for the install. It was a promo.
3) Dish did the install.
4) I had to have a brand new dish installed because mine was too old to accomodate the Hoppers. The installer spent nearly 5 hours installing the dish and hooking up the Hoppers and Joeys. There was a problem with the node but he had another installer bring him a new one.
5) Great experience. Installer was very professional, he covered his feet with booties and cleaned up after himself when he was done.
6) The only problem we had was with the box or node he connected underneath the new dish. It didn't work because of hgh voltage. He had another installer come that was close by and bring him a new node. The installation went quickly after that. I have very good signal.
7) No problems after the install. He took time to explain the features and the remote to us.
8) The What's Hot doesn't have any info displayed when I access it.
9) Love it. I'm glad we did it now. I feel like it's worth the extra cost per month. I wasn't sure before.

Great experience

1) How many Hopper/Joeys were installed? 2 Hoppers 3 Joeys

2) Were you able to get the best promotional price for the Hopper system? $0

3) Who did the install/upgrade? Dish Network Tech, Retailer, or Third Party Contractor Dish Network Tech

4) How long did the install take? hours? days? About 5 hours

5) What was the overall install experience? Great.

6) What problems did you have during the install? No problems

7)
After the install: What immediate problems did the tech leave you with that need to be fixed right away by Dish? None.

8)
After the install: What problems will you'll fix on your own or waiting for Dish to push a software fix? None to fix.

9)
Anything else? Install went great. She removed unneeded existing cable and replaced old cabling. Everything is nice and tidy and looks professional. She was the most knowledgeable tech I have ever had for any service such as satellite, phone, etc.

The installer I had was great. I wanted just 2 Hoppers and that was it. When I ordered I had to get 2 Hoppers and a joey. When the guy came to install I told him I didn't really want the joey. He called Dish had it taken off the work order and that was that.

He did a damn good job and made sure my wife and I liked were the Dish was. He got us used to the Hoppers and that was it. That was the best install experience I have ever had. No problems after the fact either. We got the second Hopper for $100. It was a great deal!

1) How many Hopper/Joeys were installed? 2 Hoppers 3 Joeys

2) Were you able to get the best promotional price for the Hopper system? $0

3) Who did the install/upgrade? Dish Network Tech, Retailer, or Third Party Contractor Third Party

4) How long did the install take? hours? days? 6hr +

5) What was the overall install experience? Good.

6) What problems did you have during the install? The installer run into the a problem with the signal, after blaming housing current, he changed the node and everything worked.

7)
After the install: What immediate problems did the tech leave you with that need to be fixed right away by Dish? None.

8)
After the install: What problems will you'll fix on your own or waiting for Dish to push a software fix? None to fix.

9)
Anything else? Compare to other houses in PR, my hose is huge, The installer had to calculate Cabling and had to mounted the antenna at a specific place to avoid using more than 200' per hopper. He told me to remove any wire I did not wanted, so i grab pliers and star cutting :D. After that a simple nice wire is the only thing you see entering the hose.

Great / Bad experience

Okay I had 2 orders on the same week since I first upgraded to a HWS and 2 Joeys and a few days later I asked for a regular Hopper to swap out a Joey.

Install #1 ( HWS 2 Joeys)

1 / 2
Oferred the HWS for $50 (existing sub) turns out I got it free after checking my bill.
3) Who did the install/upgrade? Dish Network Tech, Retailer, or Third Party Contractor?
Retailer, nice guy seemed to know his way around hoppers.
2 hours he had to put the new switch and node on the dish, check the signal, replace LNBs and hopper activation.
Good, except the hopper activation / initial setup feels like took forever.
None.
None.
None.
9) Anything else?
No

Install # 2 - 3 days later I decided I needed a second hopper due to DVR conflicts.

1 hopper (2000)
Free.
3) Who did the install/upgrade? Dish Network Tech, Retailer, or Third Party Contractor?
Third party contractors, bad appearance, they both smelled like cigs and alcohol.
2 hours
Bad, I would have preferred 1 tech instead of 2. These two goons had me on my toes watching them since I feared they would steal something. While one of them was on the roof I had to keep and eye on the other one since he was slacking off in one of my bedrooms.
None.
None.
None.
9) Anything else?
It seems odd that I didn't have to sign anything when I got this second unit. The main problem for me was the techs, they were super unfriendly and kept staring at things around the house. I just wanted them out ASAP. Also no phone survey was done after the visit. My first tech was great and I gave him a 10 on the survey because he truly deserved it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)