625 VS two 211K's for cost savings?

aquaman67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Tennessee
Hello,

I've tried to search and figure this out but now I'm just confused. I can't figure out Dish's prices.

I have a 722K as my main receiver. My kids share a 625. Would there be any cost savings by getting two 211K's with EHDs to replace the 625?

(I'm not ready a Hopper system just yet.)

Thanks if you can help explain what the cost difference would be.

You might want to price out that Hopper system anyway. I suspect an "old" Hopper and two Joeys might work out cheaper, if 3 tuners are enough. And there are ways of getting 2H/1J installs.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hello,

I've tried to search and figure this out but now I'm just confused. I can't figure out Dish's prices.

I have a 722K as my main receiver. My kids share a 625. Would there be any cost savings by getting two 211K's with EHDs to replace the 625?

(I'm not ready a Hopper system just yet.)

Thanks if you can help explain what the cost difference would be.

You're paying $17 a month for the 625. If you swapped it out with two 211k receivers you would be paying $7 for each one for a total of $14. So you would save $3 a month but you would need to buy two EHDs and pay a $40 fee to turn them into DVRs.

You're paying $17 a month for the 625. If you swapped it out with two 211k receivers you would be paying $7 for each one for a total of $14. So you would save $3 a month but you would need to buy two EHDs and pay a $40 fee to turn them into DVRs.
Unless you need the HDTV capabilities of the 211 the $40 cost for DVR and the cost of purchasing 2 hard drives rules out any short term savings. After maybe 2 years you could be saving some money but it will be a completely different market place maybe we will all be upgraded to H/Js.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)