Post Your Upgrade Experience Here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well called lastnight told the CSR that I would like to do the updgrade plan to the 211. She said that someone would be out this Thursday between 8am - 12Noon which I said was fine. Cost was $49 buck plus she gave me a Return # for me to return my 811 for a $25 credit. She said they would mail me the box and information to send it back to them and that their is a 18 month argeement . Right now I'm on the AT120 with the basic HDPack bill around 57.99. Went to the HDSliver which is the AT120 plus all the HD Channels excepct HBO and Showtime. Bill will go up to $70.99 which is not too bad considering more HD. I will let everyone know if the installer shows up this Thursday and how all that goes. I would not think that it would take that long. Due to he should be able to use the same mount for the 1000 as my 500 is on. Then just hooked up the 211 and get it ativated is all.

Just finished with disconnection dept. and after complaining about the present quility of my 811 and recent problems with my 501 they tauked me out of disconnecting with I thought was good deal for my home . $49.99 for the VIP622 and credited my account service until the next install date on the 28 th. Yes 50 bucks for the 622. And they said they are shipping it to me! Wish me luck that they don't pull a fast one. Order was confirmed today...

Took 3 Calls but I finally got it.

First call: Knowledgable girl but said install wouldn't be until early MAY!!!.
2nd Call: Overseas Call Center - girl didn't know anything about the new 622 or 211.
3rd call: Guy said I couldn't have a 622 & a 211. Explained I had two HD TV's and the 622 only supports 1 HD & 1 SD. He said the 622 supported 2 HDTV's. I asked for a Supervisor and he was able to set me up a 622 and a 211. The 622 will arrive via FedEx w/in 7 days and the 211 will come with the installer. Set for March 1st install. They did say I can call a local installer and see if they can do it sooner.

Not to get your hopes up or anything but if I am not mistaken, the last half dozen or so people who were told they too were getting a ViP622 for $49.99 were saddened when they did not get the ViP622, so I seriously doubt you will.

I had a bit of a rocky experience getting my 942 to 622 upgrade processed but it looks like it's working out.

My first step was to call the tech support number and ask Anthony if he was familiar with the 942 to 622 upgrade program. He said yes but that I wasn't qualified because I had bought my dish from a retailer. I informed him that I had purchased directly from Dish. He said I still didn't qualify. I asked for his supervisor.

Supervisor Katina came online and said that the upgrade wasn't available from Dish. It was only available by contacting a retailer. I told her I thought this was incorrect and asked her to check again. After several minutes she said I was qualified but still seemed uncertain about what receiver to send me. She then told me that Chicago did not have any HD local service and that Voom was no longer available. I decided not to place the order until I confirmed when Chicago would get HD.

I posted a few messages and was reasonably confident that Chicago would get HD by the end of February. I called tech support and spoke with Jenny who seemed very knowledgable about the upgrade program. At first she said the installer would bring the 622 but later said the unit would be shipped directly to me. My two Dish 500's would be replaced by a single Dish 1000. I have an installation date of March 6th.

In all I spent around two hours on the phone. Let's hope they get everything right on install!

i just got my new receiver, activated it and everything seems ok.
Altho i feel like ive been lied to. There are no local hd channels.
Freakin Dish.

voripteth said:
I had a bit of a rocky experience getting my 942 to 622 upgrade processed but it looks like it's working out.

My first step was to call the tech support number and ask Anthony if he was familiar with the 942 to 622 upgrade program. He said yes but that I wasn't qualified because I had bought my dish from a retailer. I informed him that I had purchased directly from Dish. He said I still didn't qualify. I asked for his supervisor.

Supervisor Katina came online and said that the upgrade wasn't available from Dish. It was only available by contacting a retailer. I told her I thought this was incorrect and asked her to check again. After several minutes she said I was qualified but still seemed uncertain about what receiver to send me. She then told me that Chicago did not have any HD local service and that Voom was no longer available. I decided not to place the order until I confirmed when Chicago would get HD.

I posted a few messages and was reasonably confident that Chicago would get HD by the end of February. I called tech support and spoke with Jenny who seemed very knowledgable about the upgrade program. At first she said the installer would bring the 622 but later said the unit would be shipped directly to me. My two Dish 500's would be replaced by a single Dish 1000. I have an installation date of March 6th.

In all I spent around two hours on the phone. Let's hope they get everything right on install!
i have 2 dish 500's, they never told me i needed to upgrade to a dish1000

My upgrade couldn't have been any better. I received the 211 receivers and connected them myself. I called E* HD Tech Support and they had me going in less than 15 minutes. Everything went smoothly.

Mario

After 2 install appointments (the first intaller on Saturday brought just the 211 and no dish) I have finally got the new HD channels. The installer came yesterday on time and put in my dish at 61.5 in about an hour and a half. The only thing that sucks is that he couldn't put it on the same pole as my SuperDish so now I have two poles about 10 feet apart in my backyard. So far I'm happy with the new channels.

Called on 2/1/2006 arounf 9:30am. Was told by the customer service rep that I has 2 options for upgrading. Pay a fee of $49.00 and commit to a 18 month promotion to keep the HD service along with a $6.50 monthly equipment lease fee. Or purchase the VIP622 outright for $299.99 with no commitment or monthly lease fee. I chose to purchase outright (obviously). Then the rep proceeds to explain that the equipment will arrive within 10 days. She asks me what HD package I would like. I state the Platinum Package is closest to what I currently have (Americas Everything), so this is the package I will want. She then begins to disable my current programming and to switch me to the HD Platinum! I quickly stop her and have to explain to her that if she continues to do this I may be unable to view any channels as I do not have the proper equipment! To which she replies "Oh...yeah..." Am I missing something? Who is Dish hiring?

On 2/8/2006 I went on to dishnetwork.com to pay my monthly bill. I now realize that the $299.99 I thought was being charged to my card has been applied to my monthly bill!?? What gives?

On 2/9/2006 I call Dish. Wait on hold for 30 minutes. Finally get a customer service rep. She tells me that this is normal and that when I get my bill it will be slightly higher. What? I ask why, she says that it is because the $299.99 is for a promotion and that is the price to lease the equipment. I explain that, what was explained to me was that I was purchasing the equipment and that there would be no additional fees other than that for the HD Platinum package charges. She then tells me "That is how it is, if you don't like the promotion you can cancel your service. Please hold and I will transfer you to the Account Cancellation Dept." What??!!! So she does just that! Next thing I know I am being transferred!

I hang up and call back. Wait 45 minutes. Get another rep. She explains that the $299.99 is a promotion. That I need to keep the service for 18 months. That I need to Upgrade to an HD package, if not then I will be charges $6.50 per month as a lease fee of the equipment. Once again I explain that I was informed that I was told that the $299.99 was to purchase the equipment. She apologizes and tells me that is not the case. I then tell her to cancel as I do not want to take part in this promotion as it was not properly explained to me.

Dish definately does not have their act together on this. I do not appreciate being told one thing and then have another happen. If I had not noticed the charge being applied to my monthly bill, I would have been locked in to this. Then probably been told if I found out later that there is nothing they could do about it. Not to mention that I authorized what I thought was a "purchase"; not a fee for taking part in a promotion. Is it Dish's practice to mislead their customers? I have been a customer since 1992!

Way to go Charlie!

I got a call last night changing my 20 Feb install to 3 March - go figure. He explained they were having equipment issues. I was expecting it, so "oh well."

As to the fella that was charged $299 twice, are yousure it was a charge to your account or a credit (I think that's what you were saying). When I signed-up I was not given the option to have 'em charge $1 today and $298 on the install day, so they charged me $299 on 1 Feb. This was immediately charged against my card and placed as a CREDIT on my Dish statement. Credits appear as ($###) on your account whereas money you owe Dish appears as $###. Once the workorder for the install is closed, the $299 will be charged agaisnt my Dish account, clearing out the $299 credit I have now.

Hopefully 3 March will stick. It's probably the worst possible day for the install as I have to work that night and won't be able to train the wife on its use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)