Post Your Upgrade Experience Here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
NOTE FOR THIS SPECIAL TOPIC THERE ARE SPECIAL RULES.

ONLY POST YOUR UPGRADE EXPERIENCE HERE.

THERE WILL BE NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE POSTS HERE.

We are doing this to help Dish Network see how things are going.

Please post all details of your call that you can remember.

If you wish to discuss anything here please post a new thread. THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
2:15 MST 3 min hold Call back in 30 min
2:45 Mst 4 min hold Call back in 2 hrs
3 am Mst 2 min hold all the info is in there system
explain packages...Blah blah 18 month commitment blah blah
please give me you credit card number
1 minute pause
(grumble) can I place you on hold
3:07 Mst system is having issues scheduling installs call back during business hours
3:30 Mst 4 min hold $798 for a 622. Told him to punch some more keys cause that aint right.
(punches more keys) oh here it is $299.99 but can't do anything about it because the system is having problems with the upgrade. Call back in the afternoon....
4:00 Mst 17 min wait. System down for another 2 hours call back then
5:00 Mst 2 min wait. first indian computer is slow pulling account info.
one moment please
you have four receivers correct? yes
Connect to phone line blah blah
That will be $49
for a 622?
he mumbled something
$299.99 after trying to give me a 625....
credit card number
Auth number
after telling him I already have a dish 1000 he still insists an install date of feb 22nd.
He said receiver will be delivered in 7-10 days to my house
He said something about 5 dvr fee and then the 6 hd box fee. (will call to correct never asked me to upgrade HD plan)
5:15 Mst calling back to verify.....Hold time 15 minutes there computers are really slow this a US csr
one moment
one moment
one moment
computer crashed she needs to reboot
cannot activate receiver untill installer connects the power cord, phone line, and two sat inputs. even if I get the receiver early.
told her I can handle connecting the wires ( I did make it past 4th grade)
She said they need to make sure the connection is good ( I have to wait an extra week for that)
one moment
one moment
one moment
she has no frickin clue
one moment
looking at packages
She hangs up on me....
5:40 Mst calling back hold time 15min (very pissed now)
added new package
Now it is they will ship to installer.
6 am Mst left message with contact at executive office with my displeasure in having to wait for the intall date when all I need is the receiver.....going to bed now
8pm finally got a call back. He said he will push my 622 through and it will be directly shipped to me 7-10 days.
when it is received he told me to call him and I can activate it without an install. He stated that I needed to return my 921 which I own. ( I wanted to give him my 508) I argued a ltittle but I don't want to get too nasty till I receive my 622.
When I receive my 622 I will put up a fight to keep my POS 921.

Last edited:
Called at 5 am eastern
Told her I wanted hd Platinum & uprgade an 811
She clicked around in the compuer
Took CC Info
Put on hold
gave confirm#
Schedule install date of Thursday (tomorrow) for Dish 1000
90 day install warranty
18 month commitment of at60 +

hold

hold

Damm call back 830

Last edited:
I called in to change my programming package. They said systems are responding horribly (strange, I only waited a few minutes for a csr) due to call load. Said I wanted to upgrade programming and they said they would write it down and if my programming was not updated by 2pm to call back.

I figured, I am already getting the new channels and was just gonna go to the platinum pack to add the movie channels back, so I can wait until later to confirm immediately if the new channels come in. I don't want to try to straighten out a mistake later on.

Btw, I got a very informed, english speaking CSR, who asked if I wanted to upgrade any receivers to a 211 or 622. She did say the 622 would not ship probably for a month due to demand and this was the latest news they had on their availability. 211's would ship within 3 days.

I just got off the phone with a service rep. I was wanting to upgrade my old 5000 to a ViP622 so I could add another HDTV we purchased for Christmas.

The rep was knowledgeable about the ViP622 and the new packages and things went well. My install is scheduled for 2/11/06 (Saturday) which works great for me. No talk about a tradein (I don't have a DVR now) and the cost is the expected $299.

I live in the Chattanooga, TN area and apparently there's at least 1 ViP622 here!

!sadroll Surprise, I just got a call from E* saying my installation would have to be rescheduled because of shipment problems. I asked the guy why and he said he didn't know, it just said shipment problems. I told him I knew why ... it was inadequate supplies. He said I might have better information than he did.

Now I'm scheduled for 3/4/06. :mad:

Last edited:
Called back at 7:05 and they are able to do it now.

Install Thursday (tomorrow) 12-5.

Only the codes for HD bronze are in the system yet but he used HD bronze to lock in the install date.

got my 622 but only 2/21...Well she actually just told me they would ship out the unit ahead of time and then an installer will come by on 2/21 to install it. DOn't think it will be laying around that long.

BTW I pressed prompts saying that I was moving and had a CSR in less than 2 minutes wait time.

i bought a Vip211 and just wanted to activate the 7 new channels. in the queue for 15 minutes starting at 6 am CST...call center i was talking to was in the MST time zone. took 30 min to activate my HD-SILVER package.

0615 CST

Requset upgrade 522 to 622 and HD Silver package.
Hold
O.K.
$299.99 fee quoted
Do I want to receive OTA? additional monthly fee $6.00
O.K.
Hold
Install date cannot be given until credit card charged....
Hold
Feb. 25th install date given.

Done..

I was told the unit could not be shipped to me but must go to an installer!

Last edited:
called this morning at 7:15 A.M. eastern time, got a csr at 7:30, upgraded from 811 to 211 or 411 (explained tha she couldn't guarantee that I would get a 211 but 411 is pretty much the same)

Sounds like I'm getting a 411. Although I think I got hosed with the $6 dollar upgrade HD fee because I allready have the hd and voom package. But I will rectify this later.

Went through the whole agreement recording, total time on the phone, about 20-25 minutes. Not nearly as long as I thought it would be.

I just called in being a new customer... They said they would ship out the 622 today or tomorrow and I would have it in 8 days, then the installer would ocme out and install. I asked about all the big recalls on the unit and they said it was a software problem and it was fixed last month....... So ill keep my eye on UPS next week.....

I cannot disclose my hook in *E organization, but I have had the 211 for almost a week now. I have replaced the 811 and the 6000 with two 211. I have received an email yesterday asking me if I was ready to go ahead and setup the rerplacement of the 942 with the 622. So far *E has taken care of me, they consider me "VIP Customer," as far as the new channels goes, I was viewing them at 5:30 PM on yesterday.... So my props to *E for taking care of me...

Called approx 4:30 am pst. Used the options to get to tech asst. Wait was less than 10 min. Got to a helpful tech. Almost completed the order (622) but they required payment prior to schedule install date. Not willing to skip the rebate unless I get a reasonable install date. Decided to wait awhile and look here to get a better feel on install scheduling others are getting.

update.. After seeing others getting reasonable install dates called back at 5:30am pst. Again used options to get tech asst. Wait time less than 2 min. Very helpful advanced tech. Placed order with scheduled install 2/21 noon-5pm. 90 day warranty, 18 month commit. Went a lot smoother than I anticipated.

Last edited:
Called at 7:50 est.
Got CSR at 8:02
Told I could purchase the 622 for $700+!
Told them I wanted the lease option for $299.
Was told even though I have the 811 now and sub to the HD pack that I was ineligible for the $299 lease option. Offered the $700+ option again.
Asked why I didn't get the lease option, and CSR said I did not qualify and that options would be made available to me in April.
Had to take care of something at my job, so I had to end the call. :mad:

Will try again later with CSR roulette!

Painless

I called at 5:35am Mountain,
Holded for 20 min,
Asked to upgrade to HD sevice with VIP622 reciever,
No problem,
Took credit card info,
Informed me prepaid box will be sent to return my current 5yr old reciever if I like for 25 dollar refund,
I was told I will recieve the 622 in 7-10 days (shipped to my house),
Installl scheduled for Feb 20 - Installer will bring dish 1000 and I can set up the new HD programming at that time.

The CSR was very professional and very knowledgable - very smooth process. I am pleased.

Jeff

Called in at 5am pacific waited about 20 mins and was told to go see my local dealer for the upgrade as Dish was not servicing upgrades at this time.

called @ 7:30
estimated hold 8 minutes
Actual hold over 30 minutes (about 8:00am)
rep was very nice although seemed a bit confused about the process...i politely helped him along. He wanted to confirm everything so that he had the correct information to give me and "takes pride" in being accurate (probably hard to do with the communication problems at Dish)

total charge $299.99

scheduled for Feb 21st

Edit: Forgot that I asked if it would ship direct to me and was told he wasn't sure but it would probably come with installer.

Last edited:
Just got off with Dish

Got the 622 for $299. Feb 21st.

CSR had no idea what she was selling. Never asked for a programming package. Never mentioned any trade in.

Paid upfront.

As of right now I dont have a clue what I am getting with the Dish 1000.

I was just told I would get a 1000 with an "upgrade kit". I have no idea what an upgrade kit is so i guess I wait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)