Potential DISH Customer Questions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike Henigan

Original poster
Hello All,

I am currently a Comcast customer for Triple Play. I have wanted to ditch my TV service and go with one of the Satellite Companies, either DTV or Dish. Well after having been set up with an order for DTV, I was out of luck as they could not line up the receiver with their satellite.

I am down to DISH now, and have a few questions....I was a Dish Customer many years ago and still have the DISH receiver on my balcony post. In all these years since I first had it, has the actual service changed at all? I have had it once before, so does that mean I wont have an issue getting it now?

I want to get set up for Hopper w/Sling...how easy or hard is getting this to work with my comcast internet service? Can I add a 2nd TV later on without too many issues?

Now a silly question, but why do people have more than 1 Hopper or DVR in thier home? What is the point, extra HD space for content?

Oh, how and where should I look to sign up for service? I know that some retailers/carriers play things against one another to sell the service, so just not sure where and whom to go to sign up.

Thanks for all the help!

Mike
Atlanta, GA

People have a second Hopper in order to double the amount of tuners they have to record shows. It also doubles the amount of hard drive space to keep recorded shows. If you have three or more people in the house that watch TV at once and all like to record different shows then I would recommend two Hoppers to avoid any conflicts. If it's just two people you should be fine unless you both record a lot of shows. It's worth the money in my opinion.

People have a second Hopper in order to double the amount of tuners they have to record shows. It also doubles the amount of hard drive space to keep recorded shows. If you have three or more people in the house that watch TV at once and all like to record different shows then I would recommend two Hoppers to avoid any conflicts. If it's just two people you should be fine unless you both record a lot of shows. It's worth the money in my opinion.
Time to rethink that with the second Hopper fee soon to double.

OH YEAH! Second hopper will cost you $7.00 more or $14.00 a month. First hopper will effectively cost you $14.00 also ,since they went up on the dvr fee from $10.00 to $14.00. Second price hike in 4 months: First programming, now equipment .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)