POTS vs VOIP Caller ID Recognized by 722?

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
Right now I have a POTS phone service thru Frontier and am considering switching to Time Warner's VOIP.

As I understand the technology when the digital cable signal goes thru the modem it leaves on the old phone lines as an analog signal that my existing telephone can recognize as an analog audio signal as well as a caller ID signal. Will the 722 also recognize this caller ID signal and display it on-screen?

I have spoken to several Dish people and the best information I can get is that it works sometimes!

My concern is that the caller ID feature of the 722 will be lost.

Can anyone shed some fact/experience based light on this subject? It would really be appreciated!

Can say for 100% certain on 722 but I have 508/501/625 all have had no problem with VOIP Caller ID....

NOw with that said I love VOIP but you might have problems connecting to Dish with VOIP... with the 501 (resently replaced by 625) I had no problem but the new 625 can dail out 10 times and only connect and transmit once. but caller ID comes up everytime.

Caller ID service on VOIp will also vary from VOIP provder to provider, some do not send all the info through to you. My current provider send it all through.

Good Luck VOIP is great and much less expensive then standard line

I have no problems with caller ID and our 722. We have ONLY a voip line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts