Power block for DP44 switch

SHADO 1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
St. louis
I just had a Dish 1000+ installed today which uses a DP44 switch. Does it make any difference where the power block is installed? The installer put it right behind the 622 receiver, but I would like to put it in the basement out of sight next to the grounding block. Should it go before or after the block?

:) i think it can go anywhere. the grounding block can be any where. for the convinces of this modification, just disconnect the power on everything. remove the power block and short coax between the power block and receiver. connect the coax that was going into the power block and connect it into the receiver. then go to the grounding block and disconnect the coax on the receiver side. connect the short coax to the grounding block, then the power block to the short coax and the line going into the house to the receiver to the power block. power the power block on first then the receiver. and run a check switch if there is a problem with missing channels or a error message. good luck!

If you use a UPS or even surge protection you may want the switch and receiver both on it and, of course, on one circuit. This is to keep the power and lightning protection. Separated power supplies are more prone to trouble from lightning. The TV should also be on the surge protection but watch the power requirement for a UPS. This is not possible with most multi-room installs.

-Ken

hobojoe said:
:) the grounding block can be any where.

Your grounding block should be outside your house right before the cable enters your house, the power supply can be anywhere on the line that is connected to port 1 of your switch.

Personally I would have it inside my house

the power supply that is

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)