Power flicker killed 922 box.

ScooterMan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2010
Fairfax, Iowa, United States
Well, this sucks. Power went out for a few mins, when it came back up the box would not work right. It is stuck in a cycle of starting up and then restarting. It was plugged into a surge protector and everything else on the protector still works.

Waiting for the new box to arrive in the mail. There goes all my recordings!

That sucks!

Get a Battery backup power supply. I have seen some for as little as $29 at Office depot, it will deffinitly prevent this from happening again.

The only thing you need to watch for is if your hooked to the internet with a slinglink adaptor, it may not work with the battery backup.

Well, this sucks. Power went out for a few mins, when it came back up the box would not work right. It is stuck in a cycle of starting up and then restarting. It was plugged into a surge protector and everything else on the protector still works.

Waiting for the new box to arrive in the mail. There goes all my recordings!

My first 922 did the same thing after having it for 3 days, and it was also on a surge protector. Kinda sucked, and makes me worry about the new receiver! I have a battery backup, but sling link wont work with it........

What do you mean by cycle is it outputting a status message? disconnect coax in and let it sit, why is the solution for everything to just send a box rightaway. so wasteful.

What do you mean by cycle is it outputting a status message? disconnect coax in and let it sit, why is the solution for everything to just send a box rightaway. so wasteful.

Mine would boot and show starting up splash screen for 30-45 seconds, then do it all over again. Disconnecting coax isnt a fix for this. i unhooked everything and let it sit over night, no fixy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts