Power Inserter Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
I'm doing a little re-wiring (cleaning up loose cables downstairs) and have a question. The installer ran my antenna line and satellite line together with a seperator. Is the power inserter used for that configuration? I would like to run a seperate line from my antenna to my 622 and wasn't sure if I can remove the power inserter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a DPP44 feeding a 622 and 211 from a 1000.2 dish. I couldn't find any specific information regarding this in my search. Thanks in advance.

Never mind. It looks like the answer is that I probably should leave it hooked up. Sounds like it MAY shorten the power supply of my 622 and is not there for the seperator.

Thanks for the reply. I've got it all hooked back up with seperate OTA cable and satellite cables (I left the power inserter installed). Seems to be working fine!

Maybe he didn't even know why. :) Now that you have the switch installed, just keep it. It may be useful in the future but yeah BobaBird is correct you don't need a switch for only 2 receivers.

Thanks for the info! Thats good to know since I was considering dish'n up the 211 for another 622 / 722 in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)