Power Requirements

SteveR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
I lost power over the weekend, and hooked up my TV and one of my receivers to a portable generator. I still didn't have a satellite connection, and I'm guessing there was some other part of the system (dish?) that needed power that I missed. What did I miss and where is it typically wired in at? Thanks.

Maybe the switch? What switch, receivers and lnbs do you have? Note that for some switches, the receiver on port 1 provides the power to the lnbs and switch.

I have two DP34 switches. There is a 508 connected to the first switch and a 622 and 501 connected to the second switch. I get 61.5 (on a wing dish), 110, 119 and the check switch screen reads Sgl LNB for each.

You must have at least one receiver connected to each DP34 switch to have power. So if you tried using the 622 or 501 receivers, you will not get any signal because the first switch is not being powered.

If you tried the 508 connected to the first DP34 and you did not get any signal something else is going on because that should've worked.

Thanks RandallA. I didn't have power to the receiver on the first switch. Mystery solved.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)