Powerline - Broadband and Telephone Simultaneously

MrGrin

Original poster
Dec 31, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and I hope you can help me out.

I have the 612 and the 211k receivers. I would like both receivers to have access to the phone line (for the caller ID feature) and I would like the 612 to have access to the Internet via broadband. In the Dish Network store, I saw that they sold separate Powerline devices for both phone and for broadband connection. The question is whether I could use both Powerline devices (i.e., for the phone and for broadband) simultaneously.

Thanks.

It will work but there is to much interference.Just use the broadband power adapter.My experience is that both together causes problems.

You cannot if both powerline devices are communicating at the same time which will cause lots of interference. Just choose one over the other.

Or a cheaper and better idea is if you have the service plan is to set up a service call to have the tech install the equipment for you. This way it only costs $15 since connecting customers by any means necessary is now free. Dish has also started carrying wireless routers and dongles in some areas. It is better to use wireless for broadband and a dishcomm modem (phone over powerline) so that both services work properly.

Last edited:
wireless dongles are out of stock. Yeah both wont work I would ask where is your router inthe house and tire to get it hooked up close to the 612 or see if you have a phone close to 1 reciever or the other. If you use the DishComm they will read each other and only need one hooked up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts