Powerline internet 211K to 722

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Is this possible? Ethernet connection directly to my 211K. 211K plugged in directly to the outlet (no surge protection). 722 plugged directly into the wall (no surge protection). Will my 722 be able to use power-line to connect so I will not be charged the $5 fee?

I read elsewhere that the two 722 could connect in this way so I was hoping the 211k could as well. I cannot connect my 722 to a phoneline or ethernet connection.

its called dishcomm, call in to get the modem and your 211k will work with it after you run the scan in the menus

Ok, call in Dish Network? Will they know what I am talking about? I thought I had it working but I do not. the receivers do not see each other, but I do not have a modem. How much does this modem cost?

Wow, its amazing how much you miss when you move away for training and to start a new job. Its been just over a year and I am trying to get back into this.

When I left, Everyone was still waiting for a LOT of the HD channels we have now. Everyone on here is complaining about the next new HD channel, and I feel I gained 30 overnight :).

Last edited:
Just make sure that you run the DishCOMM set up utility under the Installation menu for both rcvrs to make sure they are communicating with each other and you shouldn't have a problem.

Good idea to note down your rcvr ids for both of them before you do the test to make sure they are looking at each other.

There could be an issue if the two units are not part of the same :circuit". If this is true, the two units will not be able to see each other.

DishCOMM is phoneline sharing only!
For internet you must get a Homeplug adapter to plug into your router.

Is it a 211 or 211K? I'm not sure if the "211" was a VIP receiver or not. Only VIP receivers will communicate with each other through power lines, providing they are on the same "Leg".

Is it a 211 or 211K? I'm not sure if the "211" was a VIP receiver or not. Only VIP receivers will communicate with each other through power lines, providing they are on the same "Leg".
All MPEG-4 (HD enabled) receivers have an ethernet port. The 211 and K models have ethernet ports. There are other products out there that do use your power lines in your house to create a high-speed network instead of just creating a remote phone line. Keep in mind that the outlets have to be on the same electrical panel.

Some examples here: Amazon.com: Powerline Network Adapters: Computer & Accessories

Last edited: