Powervu 9853 - Ku Feed Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gertnerbot

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Hopkinsville, KY
With lack of a better place to post this, I posted it here.

I work at a tv station and I was trying to get the University of Kentucky feed last night without any luck. I use a PowerVu 9853 receiver and I have a backup Tandberg receiver. I've been able to catch the UK feeds with the PowerVu the last 5 games, but now all of a sudden I can't.
I know I set the parameters in correctly. I know I was on the right bird with the right polarity (checked and verified with my BirDog Plus). But after setup, restoring factory settings on both receivers, I still could not get the feed in. The PowerVu had a green light, a lock, and a very strong signal strength. However when in the status menu of the PowerVu it would show horizontal polarity instead of vertical and I know that I set the polarity to vertical in every spot on the PowerVu.

Does anyone have any clue as to why neither receiver would catch the feed? I called UK Master Control and they verified the coordinates with me and Fox Sports South was able to get the game, so apparently it was something either with me or my equipment. Any comments, suggestions or solutions would be very helpful.

Thank you

Good question, I was able to see it just fine with a simple free to air receiver. Of course, if there was a 2nd feed that was Powervu-encrypted I would not have been able to. Some of our members have used Powervu boxes they got from ebay and other places, perhaps one of them will opine as to how they work with non-PV feeds, or unencrypted DVB signals, I can't help there.
*edit: It was a vertical signal, I just looked back on my receiver and found the feed info.

I have two D9850 IRDs. I know that for unencrypted stuff, I have to set the something in one of the menus from "basic" to "open". I might of had to do something else. I know it complains if it receives no NIT. If you are using a Ku LNBF, you have to set it to 13/18V and then set the proper polarity. If it's an LNB, set it to 18V, only if it has to be powered by the IRD. Since you say you are getting a lock, what it says for polarity should not matter. If it's a Ku LNB and not an LNBF, polarity should definately not matter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)