PPV movies and 211 EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gjh3260

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
New Brighton, Minnesota
This is probably a dumb question but can a purchased PPV movie be recorded to the 211's EHD for later viewing or is there something that prevents the recording of PPV's to an external source ?

You should still be able to record a PPV to the EHD on a 211 as you would on any other DVR. The same restriction would apply though - you have until the license period expires to start watching it, but once you start watching it you only have 24 hours. IMHO its not really worth all that money unless you really can't get out to the video store. Redbox is a much better deal for my money. Same 24 hour period but you only pay $1.00.

You should still be able to record a PPV to the EHD on a 211 as you would on any other DVR. The same restriction would apply though - you have until the license period expires to start watching it, but once you start watching it you only have 24 hours. IMHO its not really worth all that money unless you really can't get out to the video store. Redbox is a much better deal for my money. Same 24 hour period but you only pay $1.00.

Thanks for the info.......I wasnt sure about the 24 hour period once you start watching it. I agree the price of Dish HD PPV is pretty expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)