PPV movies in letterbox?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sapient

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Are PPV movies from Dish typically in letterbox format? And am I correct in assuming I can record them to my 522 and watch them whenever I feel like it?

It should state whether or not it's in letterbox when doing the info function. Most PPV channels will allow you to view the first 5 minutes free this should help determine if they're in letterbox.

Yes you can and should record a PPV feature to the DVR. Most of the PPV channels offer up to 24hrs for repeat viewing giving you multiple opportunities to record the program.

If you're talking about PPV movies in the 500 range being in letterbox, I routinely see maybe a fourth of them in letterbox. I prefer letterbox, and I always look for LBX in the title in the guide, along with DD (dolby digital). For example, the last movie I watched was titled in the guide as "Miss Congeniality 2 (DD, LBX)"

Usually if they're going to run a PPV movie in LBX at all, it's only for a short while when they first start running the movie; then they'll run the standard version for thirtyleven months on sixteen stations :no . I agree and wish they'd run all movies in LBX using the OAR the movie was intended to have.

DISH only uses TWO channels to show PPV movies in LBX. Only the movies that are on Channels 506 or 512 will be in LBX. All the rest of the PPV channels are 4x3 pan and scam format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)