PPV ordering fee going up to $5.00

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
When ordering through a Customer Service Representative.

Just got this in my AT&T/Dish Network bill:

"Effective with your May bill, the monthly rate to order Pay-Per-View
through a Customer Service Representative will change from $1.00 to
$5.00. If you have any questions, please contact the AT&T | DISH
Network Billing Inquiries' office."

I guess they don't want you to call for anything. Next thing you know, we'll be charged just for calling Customer Service.

its been $5 for a while through Dish directly

I know last year I ordered a PPV via the phone ($1 charge) and it didnt go through corrctly and the rep was "nice" enough to waive the $5 fee for talking to CS to order PPV

Never ordered PPV calling a CSR before so I thought it was a new charge. Well, technically it's for AT$T/Dish customers. That's pretty stiff if you ask me.

RandallA said:
When ordering through a Customer Service Representative.

I guess they don't want you to call for anything. Next thing you know, we'll be charged just for calling Customer Service.

YIKES!!!!:eek: Don't give them any ideas.

I thought the fee for orderig online was $1. At least that is what I thought I paid when I last ordered a PPV back in 2003 I believe it was.

voyagerbob said:
I thought the fee for orderig online was $1. At least that is what I thought I paid when I last ordered a PPV back in 2003 I believe it was.

The last several PPV events my son ordered on-line had no extra charge.

NightRyder

voyagerbob said:
It was last year also.
I checked online and it doesn't mention the $1 fee anymore.
I've never heard of Dish droping a fee so I'd think that it is still $1 to order online.

edit: I see a comment was left while I was typing mine. I guess they must have dropped the fee.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts