PPV Sports recording randomly

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I woke up this morning to find both my hoppers show PPV Sports in my recordings. The recording shows a red dot in the upper left corner like it's still recording. But the red recording light on the front of my hopper isn't on and all of my timers are free. According to the daily schedule, it recorded from 2:32am to 2:33am, and says completed by user ASM. Everyone was in the bed at that time.
Also, it doesn't give me the option the delete. I have the option to stop recording. But when I hit stop it doesn't do anything. Anyone have this issue this morning?

It is an information slate telling you, that if you ordered any PPV Sports events, you can verify it by looking at the Purchase Information screen. No big deal, I deleted it on my H2K by pushing the blue button....

Reactions: ChadT41
It was the PPV Sports slate...I watched it last night... There was nothing else but the slate message on there

EDIT: Bobby beat me to it by 1 minute.

It's happened again this morning. "The Interview on Dish" is sitting in my recordings with a red dot in the top left corner. I guess I'll need to do a reboot every time Dish decided to put something on my DVR just so I can delete it.

Once again we have Dish breaking something that used to work, for no apparent reason. (Of course, if they wouldn't force these commercials on us in the first place, we wouldn't need to worry about it.)

Just got home last nite from a Xmas trip. On all my HWSs I got rid of the PPV Sports recording with a red dot by clicking on Start Over, fast forward to the end, selected Live TV, selected DVR recordings, Edit tab, selected the PPV Sports recording, and then the Delete button from the green Edit Action tab. Did not have to any reboots.

It was no big deal for me. I watched the brief recordings just to see what they were, and then I deleted them. I did not have any problem deleting them...maybe because I watched them first?

It was no big deal for me. I watched the brief recordings just to see what they were, and then I deleted them. I did not have any problem deleting them...maybe because I watched them first?

I think you hit the nail on the head to get rid of it, have to watch it first. Something to think about!

I think you hit the nail on the head to get rid of it, have to watch it first. Something to think about!

I had the issue with these recordings showing the Red recording indicator and I always had to do a red button reset. I tired FF to the end but still couldn't delete without the reset.

Reactions: BBCInc
Didn't check last night's yet, but the previous night's wouldn't change from "recording" status even if I forwarded to the end.

I didn't have any trouble deleting any of them. One of them I just deleted the timer when I noticed it, though usually it gets added back this time it didn't.

Tempest in a tea pot.

If it was an isolated problem, I'd agree with you. But Dish has been pushing ads on us like this for a few years, and it's only been this week that they've started misbehaving. Like I said, another example of Dish changing something that used to work for no apparent reason.

This one seems like a screw up. The previous ones do not use a customer tuner or the customer partition on the Harddrive. I am ok with them pushing crap I can delete, as long as it continues not taking up my space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)