Ppv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jameskris

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2004
I have had Dish Network for about four months now. I was browsing their site and saw a couple of PPV movies I wanted to see. I went to the PPV channels and low and behold there were only four channels showing movies and none of them had the movies I wanted to watch. What is up? Is this a glitch on my 522 or are other people having the same problem?

There should be 30 something ppv channels in the 500s. maybe a reboot might be in order or one of the satellites is not being picked up. I think the majority of the ppvs are on either 110 or 119, I can't remember which one. you could also run a check switch test to see if you are picking up both 110 and 119.

PPV run from channel 501-539 (depending on which satellites you pick up).

Pull your card, wait 30 seconds, reinsert it. After reboot, if the channels are not there call Dish.

Pay Per View channels 502, 509, 511 and 519 are coming from 119°.
Pay Per View channel 533 comes from both 61.5° and 148°
The rest of the Pay Per View movie channels (503-538, 510, 512-518, 520-532 and 537-539 come from the 110° satellite location.

So it sounds like your receiver can't "see" the 110° satellite location for some reason.

See ya
tony

And to follow up on Tony's analysis, the next thing to do is run a Check Switch to see how healthy your setup is. Post the results (including LNBF & switch types) and we'll take it from there. :)

Ok. Re-aligned the dish with the help of my children (those little five mile range radios kick butt around the house!). My signals were in the low 50's to upper 40's. I was able to get my 119 satellite to 110 and my 110 satellite up to 95. Now I am seeing everything pretty good. It still seems to drop the signal every once in a while, but i don't lose my picture or have to reaquire the signal every five minutes like before. I am running the basic DHA program with dual LNB's and a 522. I don't think I have any special switches.

Thanks for all the help guys!

You're welcome! :)

Assuming your low numbers to high numbers were all on the same transponders (11 & 12 are the ones to use). You're lucky you were getting anything at all. I've gotta think your lowest numbers were on tp's not in use.

Anyway, your numbers are now but to par, and the little dropouts you see "just happen". I get them on certain channels. Slghtly annoying, but no big deal.

Yes. And you might notice that when you go back into Point Dish, it's not on "2" any more - depending on what you watched last. ;)

Check BOTH 11 & 12 - odd & even are handled differently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)