having issues with new 55 inch sony 900e
looking very cloudy/smokey
noticed alot with Olympics in 4k, and in 1080 during dvr menu screens
ota looks great

im not an amateur when it comes to calibrating but not a pro either
ive tested for hours trying to get it right, with not much luck

the avsforum thread for this tv says Dish is known for the sub- standerd PQ
i was not aware of this stereotype with dish
i live in st louis and charter boxs are alot worse than mine, but in different categories

i also have been having major issues with the hopper3
freezing/not showing all episodes in folder/very sluggish when dvr is over 60% / not showing correct disk spaced used/ and more

any help, suggestions, or confirmation, of said problems would great
Thanks again

Dish is NOT known for substandard PQ. I hate that. I have 55" LG and the picture looks amazing. Clear, great color depth, now granted, it's not a 4K so, being no expert on Sony TV's, I would try a different HDMI port, a high speed HDMI Cable (although some people here trend to believe that a multi-strand cheap, low speed HDMI cable is no different than a higher quality high speed cable) or playing with the TV's sharpness, contrast and gamma.

I'm using a Samsung 32" 1080P TV for my computer and when I added a GTS 1080 Turbo GPU, it looked like garbage. I was freaking out - until someone told me turn the sharpness down all the way, turn the dynamic contrast off, lower the gamma and set to standard mode, then adjust color, int, etc from there and now it looks amazing

Reactions: bspei
hi all
having issues with new 55 inch sony 900e
looking very cloudy/smokey
noticed alot with Olympics in 4k, and in 1080 during dvr menu screens
ota looks great

im not an amateur when it comes to calibrating but not a pro either
ive tested for hours trying to get it right, with not much luck

the avsforum thread for this tv says Dish is known for the sub- standerd PQ
i was not aware of this stereotype with dish
i live in st louis and charter boxs are alot worse than mine, but in different categories

i also have been having major issues with the hopper3
freezing/not showing all episodes in folder/very sluggish when dvr is over 60% / not showing correct disk spaced used/ and more

any help, suggestions, or confirmation, of said problems would great
Thanks again

Given the non-PQ-related issues you are having with your H3, I suspect a hardware problem with the unit itself. None of that, including PQ problems, is consistent with my experience with a Hopper3.

Reactions: bspei and HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts