PR Birth Certificates invalid as of 7/1/2010

Status
Please reply by conversation.
TNGTony

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
For those that have not heard, ALL Puerto Rican birth certificates will be invalidated on July 1, 2010. I have seen stories about this here and there, but finding info on how to get a new document was next to impossible. Of course the PR legislature that passed this edict have been downplaying the effects it will have on ALL native-born Puerto Ricans, casting a shadow of suspicion on us NATIVE BORN AMERICAN CITIZENS as illegals. Already the Ohio DMV has refused the Puerto Rican birth certificate because according to the morons, the document was invalid already (they are not).
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...irth-Certificates/8qQRR7i02UaLy04xkE2Ubw.cspx

But anyway that is another story. I was finally able to track down a link to the PR health department for an application for a new document:

http://www.salud.gov.pr/Programas/RegistroDemografico/Documents/Birth%20Certificate%20Application.pdf

According to other news sources, no new documents will be issued until AFTER 7/1/2010.
http://www.salud.gov.pr/Programas/RegistroDemografico/Pages/RequisitosparasolicituddeNacimiento.aspx

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I've read the links (don't speak or read Spanish-maybe some day-bought Rosetta) and I still don't understand why they're being invalidated. Why? And are they going to reissue for everyone, or just on demand, as well as new births?

Why would PR do this? Sounds like some stupid act Uncle Sugar would do.

Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
The whole PR Certificate program has been compromised. There was a huge hole in the ability to get a birth certificate and not be Puerto Rican or the person who you pretend to be. Bad stuff, but you have to close the big hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Seems to be a real challenge to redo them now. Go by written records in each parish?

S

SamCdbs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
May 7, 2008
This sounds like one of those "internet rumors" that floats around but it seems to be 100% legit.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Yeah I saw this one on the news. Very strange.

J

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
My wife and her side of the family are all Puerto Rican and so far the family members I have spoken to had no idea. Wife was actually born in the Bronx so hers is fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.