Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
DATACOLOR ANNOUNCES COMPREHENSIVE COLOR CALIBRATION OFFERING FOR PROFESSIONAL INSTALLERS TO GROW THEIR BUSINESS

New SpyderTV PRO Calibration Package and Professional Training Enable Installers to Increase Revenue With Minimal Investment

DENVER, CO - CUSTOM ELECTRONIC DESIGN & INSTALLATION ASSOCIATION (CEDIA)- SEPTEMBER 14, 2006 - Datacolor, the international leader in color technology, today announced plans to provide comprehensive training for professional installers and new availability of its SpyderTV PROTM color calibration package being introduced at CEDIA 2006, September 14 -17, in Denver.

"With the dramatic adoption of digital technologies like HDTV and growing consumer demand for high quality viewing experiences, there is a tremendous opportunity for professional installers to create new consumer service offerings that deliver immediate return on investment," said Rob Rosborough, Datacolor's Director of Consumer Products for the Americas. "Datacolor is offering unparalleled tools and support for AV professionals, allowing them to quickly and easily adopt color calibration as a part of their current service offerings."

According to Kagan Research, sales of HD television sets reached 10.1 million in 2005. Furthermore, it is estimated that 17.2% of television households in the U.S. had at least one HD television set by the end of 2005. Kagan Research also projected that 82% of U.S. television households, or 97 million households, will own at least one HDTV by 2010.1

"Datacolor is uniquely positioned to partner with installers to deliver a new level of support for consumers that own or intend to purchase HD devices." Rosborough added, "Over the next six months AV installers have the opportunity to become a part of the Datacolor network of installers trained and certified through our online and offline education programs, and they will receive support from our team of experts in color calibration."

The Company's latest product for the home theater market is SpyderTV PRO, which enables professional installers to quickly calibrate the color of home theater displays, computer monitors and projectors. It is available for purchase now and provides end users with optimal viewing quality and exceptional accuracy. SpyderTV PRO is the industry's only all-in-one hardware and software tool that delivers professional results at the most affordable price offered today. Datacolor ColorFacts Professional 6.0, an integrated hardware and software bundle designed to calibrate and correct color on plasma, LCD panels, projectors, and wide screen televisions for video images will also be demonstrated at CEDIA.

At CEDIA, Datacolor will offer product demonstrations for its suite of color technology solutions and informal training and education for AV professionals at the Datacolor booth (# 633). In addition to showcasing new products and technology at "CEDIA University", Datacolor experts will provide hands-on calibration training, including full-day certified workshops, introductory classes and free manufacturer product training.
1 Source:"HDTV Penetration by the Numbers," Multichannel News, November 11, 2005.

About Datacolor SpyderTV PRO
Datacolor SpyderTV PRO comes bundled with Spyder2 PRO V2.2 software to support LCD, CRT and laptop computer monitors. By making use of a DVD player, laptop and USB port, installers can use SpyderTV PRO to ensure dynamic displays on virtually any medium onsite - television, monitor or projector - maximizing customer satisfaction and sales opportunities for exceptional display calibration solutions that enhance the viewing experience, whatever the media. Advanced features of SpyderTV Pro include;

Support of superior grayscale. Through the system's easy-to-run wizard diagnostics, SpyderTV PRO measures cuts and gains, allowing the technician to adjust the gray scale for proper color of the display.

Customizable reporting. SpyderTV PRO gives dealers and other service providers the ability to customize their reports, including inserting their own logos on each page or screen.

Easier-than-ever wizard interface. SpyderTV PRO offers a new "timeline" feature that allows the technician to jump to any step in the wizard-driven process, making it even more user-friendly.

About Datacolor ColorFacts Professional 6.0
Datacolor ColorFacts Professional 6.0 is an integrated hardware and software bundle designed to calibrate and correct color on plasma, LCD panels, projectors, and wide screen television's for video images. It ships with the latest Spyder2 colorimeter, provides open support for over a dozen other meters, and has direct integration with popular signal generators. One of the most innovative additions to this product is an all-new way of performing display device calibrations. An integrated software module called ColorFacts C3 connects directly to the display to deliver feature-rich remote access and direct integration with the ColorFacts application, enabling dramatic improvement of the image over its factory defaults. This powerful new onscreen program is designed for safety as well -- it prevents end-users from accessing areas of the display intended for professionals only.

About Datacolor
Because color matters, leading businesses, creative professionals and consumers worldwide choose Datacolor's innovative technology solutions to consistently achieve the right color. A Swiss-held company, Datacolor's strong worldwide presence encompasses global manufacturing, operational facilities, sales and support offices. For more information about Datacolor please visit www.datacolor.com

I am looking at getting a SpyderTV, however I am not sure which one would suit me best.

I dont have any front projection sets, but I do have 5 HDTV's in the house (1 LCD, 2 Tube sets, 1 SXRD and one rear projection)

I know there are a few new models coming out but I don't know what the differences are between them.

Thanks!

I have used the one that I won at the SatGuys party on my burnt-in RPHDTV and also on my 24" Trinitron ... as well as a Mitsu 1080p, Sony 3LCD, 2 Toshiba OLD CRT's, an Sony DLP and Phillips CRT-HDTV ... all results, great. Not to mention I am up about 1200 bucks on a free prize.... :D

There are a coupe others too.

I should mention I have had the BEST results on CRT's ... no shock there.

slacker9876 said:
I have used the one that I won at the SatGuys party on my burnt-in RPHDTV and also on my 24" Trinitron ... as well as a Mitsu 1080p, Sony 3LCD, 2 Toshiba OLD CRT's, an Sony DLP and Phillips CRT-HDTV ... all results, great. Not to mention I am up about 1200 bucks on a free prize.... :D

There are a coupe others too.

I should mention I have had the BEST results on CRT's ... no shock there.

Wow, I didn't realize that you had won the other one. Who'd have thunk that with all the people there, both of the PROs would have been won by people who live less than 10 miles apart?

BTW, I am willing to take mine out to folks on the front range who want to try it out. It really does impressive things.

Scott Greczkowski said:
$1200? Which one did you get the gold Edition?

The whole pricing scheme for this stuff is confusing. At the CEDIA party, Gregg told us that the Spyder Pro was worth $600; and the Spyder TV was worth $200.

On the Colorvision website: see http://www.colorvision.com/profis/profis_search.jsp?op=search&department_id=401 the prices are all much lower:

SPyder2 Pro is $279; Spyder2 Express is $79; and a Spyder 2 suite which includes printer calibration is $169.

The more I am reading, it looks like the difference is in the software features.

I am leaning towards the Spyder2 Express, since I can afford it. But it would be nice to know what the "real" differences are between the models.

hi
nothing to be confused about.
SpyderTV calibrates Brightness contrast color and tint, and color temp PRESET
SpyderTV Pro adds Front Proj support and Gray scale controls (to set color temp)
SpyderTV Pro INCLUDES spyder2 Pro, which is used for setting up PCs.

SpyderTV is $229
SpyderTV Pro is 599 - including spyder2
Spyder2 is ???

Scott, you dont want any...you want to call your best buddy Gregg :)

Gregg Loewen said:
hi
nothing to be confused about.
SpyderTV calibrates Brightness contrast color and tint, and color temp PRESET
SpyderTV Pro adds Front Proj support and Gray scale controls (to set color temp)
SpyderTV Pro INCLUDES spyder2 Pro, which is used for setting up PCs.

SpyderTV is $229
SpyderTV Pro is 599 - including spyder2
Spyder2 is ???

Scott, you dont want any...you want to call your best buddy Gregg :)

Ok, I just figured it out. Spyder2 TV is designed for "monitors" - I am wondering though, since all of my TVs are really just CRT monitors, would this do the trick?

Yeah it does ... I am up to about ....... 26 sets done I think, most were family. I am currently pimping myself to two sports bars in Fort Collins. If I get one, I'll BUY the pro package so I can do PC monitors, I know a'ladda engineers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts