PreAmp Location Question

zff

Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
I have a question about the location of the Pre Amp. Is there an ideal length a mast mounted pre amp show be from the antenna? I just order the Channel Master 7777 and was not sure how far down the mast to mount it. Thanks for your help.

I have a question about the location of the Pre Amp. Is there an ideal length a mast mounted pre amp show be from the antenna? I just order the Channel Master 7777 and was not sure how far down the mast to mount it. Thanks for your help.

As close as possible to the antenna is best but mine is mounted below my rotor for easy access.

Erecting an Antenna

As close to the antenna as possible is always the best bet.

This statement is correct as a general guideline but don't struggle with inches as it won't change anything. It would take several feet to begin to make any difference at all.

Thanks for the great responses. I am going to try to mount it in my attic. It is only a few feet from the antenna and the wire it already split there. If I do not get the results I am seeking then I will move to the mast. Thanks again to all of you for helping me out.

Thanks for the great responses. I am going to try to mount it in my attic. It is only a few feet from the antenna and the wire it already split there. If I do not get the results I am seeking then I will move to the mast. Thanks again to all of you for helping me out.

The CM7777 has two parts. An amplifier to mount at the antenna and a power supply that you mount in the house to power the amplifier. If you are going to mount the amplifier in your atic, then just make sure it is wired antenna to amplifier, amplifier to a one port power passing spitter, the power passing port of the splitter to the amplifer power supply. Most satellite parts stores should have a one port power passing splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)