Prediction: New HD channels will be available this wednesday

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I went back and looked at old uplink reports. A common trend was to uplink new HD channels and make them available 2 weeks later. check it out for yourself!

INHD was uplinked for a few weeks and it went bye bye ... And this isn't really a prediction, you are just pointing out a trend.

They will be on "Soon". That means it could be this week next week or 6 months from now. There are more clues in the pub.:)

This stat points out that - although people want providers to make the channels available to us now, there are a number of tasks that needs to be done before they can be made available.

Aside from many tests of the uplinked channels, there is also the matter of briefing thousands of phone reps about the channels, as well as changing authorization software and web sites to include the channels.

Aside from many tests of the uplinked channels, there is also the matter of briefing thousands of phone reps about the channels, as well as changing authorization software and web sites to include the channels.

One would hope that by now this would all be automated (well maybe someone has to manually update the web pages with the new logos). Email to all the phone reps with their daily talking points about the new channels. Authorization should just be marking it in a data base.

None of this explains TBS HD or Big Ten Network HD, both of which were lit up practically overnight. And with Big Ten, there were radio ads about it throughout the midwest the next day.

Although I agree that trends can be predictive, There are too many exceptions on this one.

None of this explains TBS HD or Big Ten Network HD, both of which were lit up practically overnight. And with Big Ten, there were radio ads about it throughout the midwest the next day.

Although I agree that trends can be predictive, There are too many exceptions on this one.

I remember calling Dish the same night (on a Friday) they had turned TBS hd on. Asked them about the channel just to see what they would say. They had no clue it had been launched. They kept telling me it was not there.

I predict what Rocky predicts. Unless it is a Monday. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday.:rolleyes:

I predict that there will be nothing new and this thread will go into archive quickly.

Maybe the U.S. Militaries missile will miss its mark but take out all of Dish Networks satellites. Now that would be a site to see.

:D

Last edited:
This stat points out that - although people want providers to make the channels available to us now, there are a number of tasks that needs to be done before they can be made available.

You sound more and more in denial these days:)

What happened to USA and SciFi HD's? Both have been uplinked a lot longer than 2 weeks or the RSN HD's which have been uplinked for almost a full year but not yet available.
USA -HD & SciFi-HD have not been uplinked yet. According to Digiblur, these are only placeholders without any content. The other channels are actually uplinked with content. They could activated at any time if contracts are in place. Contract issues seem to be the reason why certain RSN's haven't been activated yet.

I predict that contracts with USA and SciFi will not happen until the highest viewed shows on them finish the current season and go to reruns. Then the price for carriage will be lower due to a lack of new content.

I predict that contracts with USA and SciFi will not happen until the highest viewed shows on them finish the current season and go to reruns. Then the price for carriage will be lower due to a lack of new content.

There is always a new season just around the corner, especially on USA.

Well we all know that the second part is not true - they don't seem to brief the phone reps about much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)