My HD programming got shut off

Scorpion.sting

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Logansport, IN
I came home from work today and wanted to watch something on Discovery HD channel (since I subscribe to HD everything pak) and found that all my HD channels on the left side in my guide were all red instead of blue. When I press the button to watch one of these red colored channel that Im suppose to have it says basically that I dont subscribe to these channels and that I need to call dish if I want to purchase this channel. So I call *E and they tell me that I called them on the 11th of this month to cancel my HD service. I tell the csr that this is the first time Ive called them in a very long time and that I did not cancel my HD programming. So then he turned it back on. WEIRD.

Sounds like yet another case of the wife wanting to save money and sees no difference between SD and HD.

HA! Also are you being facetious or are people really saying their women can't tell the difference? Mine can for sure. She can even recognize the difference between a DVD played in our old player vs. through the upscaling DVD player.

Sounds like yet another case of the wife wanting to save money and sees no difference between SD and HD.
And I thought it was just my wife! Although she appreciates HD, she often doesn't notice when she has selected the SD channel instead. Worse yet when she records a show on the SD channel or watches an SD version of a movie that we have the wide screen DVD of.

I can brag that my wife can tell the difference. Shes kinda turned into a tech geek like me, As she was the one begging to buy Guitar Hero 3 on the Wii. (Now, If I can talk her into buying the PS3, now that the format war is over, I WANT BLU RAY!) Once I am able to show her the difference between DVD and blu ray, I will have it!!

I have a password on my account. They only ask for it about half the time. One time they added Pittsburgh locals (I live in Texas), plus HBO and a leased rec. fee to my account. They claimed I had called and ordered a new box plus programming.

I had a friend who stopped by and couldn't tell the difference between HBO SD and HBO HD, except for the wide screen format change. This was how we figured out he needed glasses. I'm not kidding - he didn't know this before.

I can brag that my wife can tell the difference. Shes kinda turned into a tech geek like me, As she was the one begging to buy Guitar Hero 3 on the Wii. (Now, If I can talk her into buying the PS3, now that the format war is over, I WANT BLU RAY!) Once I am able to show her the difference between DVD and blu ray, I will have it!!

on a side note, dont buy a ps3 for a bluray player... get a stb so it isnt a gimped player.

You got that backwards. The PS3 is a fully functional (except the IR-remote issue) media server. The standalone players are gimped.

Exactly. The PS3 is the most future-proof player you can buy. It's also probably got close to the fastest (if not the fastest) disc load times, and hasn't had an issue playing any BD I've put in it (unlike a lot of STB players).

HA! Also are you being facetious or are people really saying their women can't tell the difference? Mine can for sure. She can even recognize the difference between a DVD played in our old player vs. through the upscaling DVD player.

I can give my wife a little credit. She can tell the difference between a DVD and a VHS tape. :D

My household is reversed...I'm the HD freak and my husband doesn't care very much either way and says he can't really tell the difference. (Of course, the fact that TW cable can't seem to give us HD that doesn't pixelate and stutter and drop out audio in the middle of a show - NFL playoffs and World Series being notable ones - might have an effect on his not having a more favorable opinion of HD.)

Maybe I should blame it on the TV and say we obviously don't have one that's good enough. Time for a 1080p LCD! ;)

What is the PS3 IR-Remote issue? I know I will have to purchase a remote separately but didn't know there was any issues with it.

What is the PS3 IR-Remote issue? I know I will have to purchase a remote separately but didn't know there was any issues with it.

The PS3 does not have IR whatsoever. The PS3's wireless capability is Bluetooth ONLY. Thus...the reason why you have to buy the PS3's remote. I have a Harmony 880 and just use the PS3 controller to control my movies. Still wireless...and I can spend that $20 on a movie, not a remote (especially after I shelled out $100 for my Harmony!).

And I thought it was just my wife! Although she appreciates HD, she often doesn't notice when she has selected the SD channel instead. Worse yet when she records a show on the SD channel or watches an SD version of a movie that we have the wide screen DVD of.

Bingo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts