Is 522 Mpeg4 ready?

If this big move to MPEG4 happens is my 522 mpeg4 ready or do I need to upgrade. I assume since its a newer model that it is ready to go.
Nope. There are only six Dish MPEG-4 receivers: 411, ViP211, ViP222, ViP622, ViP722, ViP612.

Thanks, My 722 is ready to roll, I will just need the 522 swapped if/when it happens. I may get an hdtv for the bedroom soon so that may not be a problem. If it happens before then I assume dish will swap it for a Mpeg4 type at no charge. I may wait it out if that is the case.

Thanks, My 722 is ready to roll, I will just need the 522 swapped if/when it happens. I may get an hdtv for the bedroom soon so that may not be a problem. If it happens before then I assume dish will swap it for a Mpeg4 type at no charge. I may wait it out if that is the case.
The upgrade charges vary based on your customer history. Log into your account on DISH Network -- Home, and drill down through the equipment menu to "Dishn'-it-up". I don't think you can swap an SD DVR for an HD DVR at no charge, but I could be wrong.

I have been a customer for almost 10 years, I cannot get an even swap to an HD receiver, so I doubt you will either.

Okay, you are probably right, it was a dog fight just to get another dvr. I will pull the trigger if a good deal comes along. thanks for the quick replys and help

You think they will roll out a mpeg4 sd DVR for this? I thought all MPEG4 models were hd? What would be the even swap model for the 522 for mpeg4?

My luck they will roll out the day after I pay an upgrade charge. I know direct TV was waiting for me to pull the trigger on the switch to sat. Wait..wait...wait, go!! he signed up for dish to get More HD...roll out the HD! It is a conspiracy!!! Thanks for the info guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)