Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It’s hard to believe that soon 2007 will be just a memory. It seems the older I get the faster the years go by. With just a few d...

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST...

Catch new editions of "The Satellite Dish" every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at MultiChannelNews.COM!

29.99 for HD? I hope not, as I would probably go back to crappy cable as my cable company only charges 6.95 for HD now, plus I get my locals, without an antenna and break ups. :( I hope dish does something good with their service.

29.99 for HD? I hope not, as I would probably go back to crappy cable as my cable company only charges 6.95 for HD now, plus I get my locals, without an antenna and break ups. :( I hope dish does something good with their service.

Yeah, but if they have a HD-only service - and finally get all the national HD channels (i.e., Disney, Nickelodeon, Sci-Fi, USA, etc...) I'll go to it in a minute.

And with a little one in the house - you'll soon find that Disney increases in usage. ;)

I just hope for Scott's sake that Charlie doesn't invite him on a duck hunting trip with Dick Cheney. :D :D

Yeah, but if they have a HD-only service - and finally get all the national HD channels (i.e., Disney, Nickelodeon, Sci-Fi, USA, etc...) I'll go to it in a minute.

And with a little one in the house - you'll soon find that Disney increases in usage. ;)

I just hope for Scott's sake that Charlie doesn't invite him on a duck hunting trip with Dick Cheney. :D :D
lol, Buckshot in the old buttock! if 29.99 was for HD only service, then yes I probably would maybe move to it....I understand this is just a prediction too, but I was hoping the HD charges would fold and we would see them in regular packages!

I predict that by the end of the year, we will all have more HD channels than we can watch, if we stay with Dish.

I predict that by the end of 2008 SD will be a thing of the past. All pacages will be for HD only. Any remaining SD channels will be charged an Ala cart price. Consumers will get back at providers for doing HDCP and demand that content be DRM free. (it's allready happening. Look at mp3's and Itunes. Music is starting to go DRM free!. ) Providors will start realizing that the common consumer wants to trasfer stuff to their pc's or computers within there household with out any problems. HDCP and DRM will cause lots of pain. Many stations will go digital before the 2008 deadline. Some time this summer The FCC will allow stations to flash cut to digital, starting in test markets. I'm predicting that chicago will be a test market. I'm also prediting Chicago will win the olympic bid!. The bears will win the superbowl in early 2009 for the 2008 season. There will be a Cubs/ Whitesox world series with the sox pulling an upset over the north siders and the curse of the billy goat continues. The black hawks will make it to the stanly cup finals and win!

And finally the shockers of all shockers...... Charlie will sell to DIRECTV! and transfer all satellite assets to Echostar to start over with new mpeg 4 system and equipment.

goaliebob99 And finally the shockers of all shockers...... Charlie will sell to DIRECTV! and transfer all satellite assets to Echostar to start over with new mpeg 4 system and equipment.[/QUOTE said:
Goalie, you're exactly 3 months ahead of yourself with that post! :D:D

I don't think SD channels will be charged an additional fee. I think we will eventually be able to get HD if the HD channel is available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts