“Prepare for Mobile” Setting

DawnB

DawnB

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 12, 2016
Ripley, TN
There used to be a setting somewhere in the Hopper 3 that you could turn on “prepare for mobile” so that the H3 would automatically do that....and when you went to transfer a recording to a mobile device, it would be ready to go. SOMEHOW, that has gotten turned off on my H3, and I can’t figure out how to turn it back on, and am now having to have each recording prepare before I transfer them, which is driving me insane. Does anyone remember/know where that setting is????

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

T

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
I am going from memory. But I think this is how:

1. Press the MENU button
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Timer Defaults
  4. Select Smart Prepare for Mobile

Reactions: JSheridan
D

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2006
Sometimes, when my receiver gets a firmware upgrade, it resets some settings. This doesn't happen all the time, but I have seen it happen more than once (I have a HWS receiver). Turning it off and on again was a smart thing to try.
Yes, and the last update reset or upset my DVR Timer Defaults without my knowing about it and consequently a newly set Timer started minutes LATE, so I missed the beginning. Some timers have to be set MORE than ONE minute before because one week it starts no more than a minute early, and some days they can start more than TWO minutes early. This usually occurs for those :05 beginning times as displayed on the EPG and in clear type marked for Start Time of the program. Now, I have to keep a look out for when an update is downloaded so I can check ALL my defaults because there were other defaults for the DVR that were also changed the last update. Found out the hard way.

Reactions: pattykay
jasonh1965

jasonh1965

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 4, 2016
Salem, IN
It's a longstanding bug. I'm sure Dish has it on their list and will fix it "SOON ®"