Preparing for hopper

Dish installs satellite internet and private ISPs to the receivers regularly. They are just as qualified as any ISP technician. The technicians installing the Internet also install tv. They are not broadband only.
And actually you are wrong anyway Because Eithernet is supported to use in the Hoppers.

And Dish has been only in the internet business for a very short time.

Over 10 years with wildblue... Also, the hopper does support Ethernet. For Internet. Not for active pass through. Coax only, through the node into the multimedia over coax connection. (MOCA).

Reactions: KAB
Dish installs satellite internet and private ISPs to the receivers regularly. They are just as qualified as any ISP technician. The technicians installing the Internet also install tv. They are not broadband only.
Does DISH provide DISHNet install training for all of their TV installers? I can see where they might qualify DISHNet installers to install TV but not necessarily the other way around. In Oregon (and I suspect several other states), you must have a different restricted energy licence for each. Qualification to run DISH TV service is different from any manner of computing networking license as well as being separate and apart from the licensing required to do DSL.

I would imagine that most DISH TV installers are pretty keenly interested in not having non-H/J equipment on their MoCA networks.

I've never seen a dishNet install, but I'm betting it doesn't go much beyond a gateway.

Does DISH provide DISHNet install training for all of their TV installers? I can see where they might qualify DISHNet installers to install TV but not necessarily the other way around. In Oregon (and I suspect several other states), you must have a different restricted energy licence for each. Qualification to run DISH TV service is different from any manner of computing networking license as well as being separate and apart from the licensing required to do DSL.

I would imagine that most DISH TV installers are pretty keenly interested in not having non-H/J equipment on their MoCA networks.

I've never seen a dishNet install, but I'm betting it doesn't go much beyond a gateway.
All Dishnet installers install tvs. They have to be a tv tech for a period of time and experience before trained in dishnet. Same goes for the smart home services.

Dish net installs are actually pretty simple. Dish lined up, correct polarity selected, line ran to modem, and then Ethernet from modem to device. There is not a whole lot of difficulty in the install. The same would go with running Ethernet. Ethernet from box to some switch device, then switch device to Joey. Its not rocket science. Again what I had put out was the official response from the team that controls the equipment for Dish. Echostar, who designed the equipment, may have a different thinking but I doubt it as those two teams work side by side. If you want the head guy for that team, atleast when I was there, his name is Stephen Murphy. Feel free to seek him out and ask.

All Dishnet installers install tvs. They have to be a tv tech for a period of time and experience before trained in dishnet. Same goes for the smart home services.
As I suspected. You were bordering on the implication that any random DISH installer was qualified but that's certainly not true.

Of course this is not an indictment of the various levels of installers or the work that they do; simply recognition that your assertion that there's nothing extraordinary about MoCA qualifcation is fundamentally false.

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts