Press 1 to avoid service interruption

gnarl

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
I got an phone call purportedly from Dish Network this morning that said something like "Press 1 to avoid a service interruption". Before I could do so, the (automated) caller hung up.

Does anybody know what this is about? Some sort of marketting scam maybe?

> What kind of receivers do you have? How many? Hooked to phone lines?

One Dishplayer? model 7200. The receiver is in an inconvenient location (to the phone jack) and isn't usually connected to the phone line.

I have 4 recievers 501-508-510-921 NONE have ever been hooked to phone line in the 8 or 9 years I have had Dish serivice. I have never had a call about it, or disconnect.
I have had people tell me they have had calls and are asked to read some information from system setup screen. I never have. (don't care if they do, I have nothing to hide)
I have never bought a PPV and dont plan on it so I never have used phone connection.
I know Dish calls for it but I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
Now second, When My credit card expired. I received a pick up or disconnect call.
Did your CC expire?

The only time Dish ever called me was when they told me I no longer qualified for Fox distant and that they were going to nuke it in 24 hours :(

> Did your CC expire?

No, but I don't do CC autopay.
Maybe its some mix up with my payment though, I hadn't thought of that.

Login to your account and see what it says. Check the Balance and Due Date. If it's past the Due Date, the Balance should be 0. If it's not, you have a problem.

Login to your account and see what it says. Check the Balance and Due Date. If today's date is past the Due Date, the Balance should be 0. If it's not 0, you have a problem. If today's date is not past the due date, it's probably unrelated.

I got one of these calls... I have a 721, but it was about the 2000 model recievers. I figured they called the wrong person.

The 2000's were phased out due to some software issues, and if some old fart refused to upgrade, they got it shut off. Had quite a few call our office back after refusing a 501 upgrade.