press credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

shappyss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
LI, NY / Boston MA
i remember reading somewhere that people with press credentials can get press releases before they are released to the public. How much in advance are they released, are you allowed to share releases with others. If so can someone help me get a release that is supposed to be released tommorow ASAP or once it becomes available.

If there is no such thing or it is illegal, you can delete my post

PM me for more info if u can help

This is true in the computer industry (and most industries) at least but I don't know about the satellite industry. In the computer/software industry there are usually embargo dates on press releases. We give our release out about a week to a few days before the announcements so that the weekly magazine can make their deadline to print in that coming weeks issue.

If you discuss something or release a story before the embargo date, don't count on getting another press release early from that company. Embargos are considered a verbal contract (or written in some cases), and if a journalist goes against that or talks about it publically it is very unethical (and in some cases unlawful).

Status
Not open for further replies.