"Press Your Luck" Host Dies

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am saddened to hear this. Peter was a nice guy, I remember before Game Show network went officially on the air they were doing LIVE tests on the Satellite (C Band) and Peter was the host asking people to call in and play the game they were doing.

He was just sitting there making jokes how no one was watching so I called in and got on the air and got to play the game with him on the air for no prizes. It was fun to do. About a week after I did that Game Show Network went on the Air officially.

RIP Peter.

Soeaking of Press Your Luck, did anyone ever see the special on that guy that figured out the pattern and won over $100k? They air it from time to time on the GSN. It is pretty interesting actually.

lakebum431 said:
Soeaking of Press Your Luck, did anyone ever see the special on that guy that figured out the pattern and won over $100k? They air it from time to time on the GSN. It is pretty interesting actually.

yep. Saw the special a while back (couple years ago)

Heck there were only 6 patterns :)

I wish I had a copy of the original telecasts....when USA had reruns and now with GSN, they will not show those episodes.

they had his brother on "Whammy" against the other two contestants that were on PYL...and his brother won :)

I used to watch that a lot when I was little...my Mom would get sooo tired of hearing folks yelling "BIG BUCKS-NO WHAMMYS" constantly.

Which other game shows did Peter do?

I remember watching the reruns on USA in the mid 90's and also remember the special where the guy figured out the patterns and kept winning. I think he quit on his own on trying to win anymore because he got tired of trying to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts