Price for Starz package on Dish?

bonnjer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
I'm currently on Directv and found out that Dish offers my local channels, whereas Directv doesn't. I'm considering a switch because of this. Looking on the Dish site, I can't find a price for the Starz package. Can anyone tell me how much that movie package costs please? Thanks!

I'm currently on Directv and found out that Dish offers my local channels, whereas Directv doesn't. I'm considering a switch because of this. Looking on the Dish site, I can't find a price for the Starz package. Can anyone tell me how much that movie package costs please? Thanks!

First of all, the Starz package is $12.99 (unless you bundle other premiums--2 premium packages=$22, 3 premium packages= $31, 4 premium packages= $40, and 5 premium packages= $50)
[Other premium packages include: Cinemax $12.99 (sign up for Autopay & Paperless billing and get it for $0.01/year for the first year and as long as the promotion lasts), HBO $15.99 (sign up for HBO & Showtime free for 3 months and cancel after the free months), Showtime $12.99, and Playboy $15.99)]
{America's "Everything" Pack has all the programming in Classic Gold 250 plus HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax and NBA TV for $102.98}
which includes:
340 Encore East (HD)
350 Starz East (HD)
351 Starz West (HD)
352 Starz Edge (HD)
353 Starz Cinema
354 Starz Comedy (HD)
355 Starz In Black
356 Starz Kids & Family (HD)
If you get DISH, be aware that not all of the Encores are in the Starz package.
If you get Gold 250, you get the following Encores, or from what I read here, you can add Encore to any other pack besides Gold 250 for $4.99/month:
341 Encore West
342 Encore Westerns
343 Encore Action
344 Encore Mystery
345 Encore Drama
346 Encore Love
347 Encore Wam
(Side Note: You also get 329 The Movie Channel West &
330 The Movie Channel Xtra West with Gold 250.)
If you get Gold 250 with the HD & platinum add-on package, you also get: 340 Encore East HD (you just won't get the SD version unless you subscribe to the Starz package)
[Other note: HD & platinum gets you HDNetMovies & MGM HD, too! More movie channels!]
Hope that helps!
We just switched from D* to E* and are loving it! =)

First of all, the Starz package is $12.99 (unless you bundle other premiums--2 premium packages=$22, 3 premium packages= $31, 4 premium packages= $40, and 5 premium packages= $50)
[Other premium packages include: Cinemax $12.99 (sign up for Autopay & Paperless billing and get it for $0.01/year for the first year and as long as the promotion lasts), HBO $15.99 (sign up for HBO & Showtime free for 3 months and cancel after the free months), Showtime $12.99, and Playboy $15.99)]
{America's "Everything" Pack has all the programming in Classic Gold 250 plus HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax and NBA TV for $102.98}
which includes:
340 Encore East (HD)
350 Starz East (HD)
351 Starz West (HD)
352 Starz Edge (HD)
353 Starz Cinema
354 Starz Comedy (HD)
355 Starz In Black
356 Starz Kids & Family (HD)
If you get DISH, be aware that not all of the Encores are in the Starz package.
If you get Gold 250, you get the following Encores, or from what I read here, you can add Encore to any other pack besides Gold 250 for $4.99/month:
341 Encore West
342 Encore Westerns
343 Encore Action
344 Encore Mystery
345 Encore Drama
346 Encore Love
347 Encore Wam
(Side Note: You also get 329 The Movie Channel West &
330 The Movie Channel Xtra West with Gold 250.)
If you get Gold 250 with the HD & platinum add-on package, you also get: 340 Encore East HD (you just won't get the SD version unless you subscribe to the Starz package)
[Other note: HD & platinum gets you HDNetMovies & MGM HD, too! More movie channels!]
Hope that helps!
We just switched from D* to E* and are loving it! =)
Just to add, If you have Americas Everything pack, Playboy TV is only $7 to add it , Plus There are No DVR fees with AEP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)