Price increases higher than they appear

I wish they can, either DTV or Dish can has a self pick package of like 20 channels with a minimum charge, I had DTV select choice and the international channel, it cost me like $87.00 a month with a second receiver. There is only a very few channels out from the select choice, about 6 channels that I watch at most, and rest of those channels are never watch.

sksatellite said:
I wish they can, either DTV or Dish can has a self pick package of like 20 channels with a minimum charge, I had DTV select choice and the international channel, it cost me like $87.00 a month with a second receiver. There is only a very few channels out from the select choice, about 6 channels that I watch at most, and rest of those channels are never watch.

I'm in the same boat. I'd love to just have the HD Silver pack and keep my monthly bill relatively the same, but because I'm such a Soccer junkie I have to have Fox Soccer Channel which is only available on AT180 and AEP. If only there was a way to just add on the channels I want. But their whole business model would go out the window, so I don't see total a la carte programming anytime soon.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I still see the $6 fee (not the DVR one!) mentioned only in the context of an additional receiver here and elsewhere and I doubt again the validity of me being charged for it. Can we get an authoritative answer clearing this up? iKramerica? Anyone?

Veering OT, because I already have mentioned my setup here... I have a DPP44 with my Superdish setup. The CSRs said they had to schedule an installer to come in for the 622 because I needed a second cable run to the receiver. Does not the 622 come with a DPP Separator? Even if it doesn't, they could just send me one or I could pick up one up for $10. I could then put it in line after the power inserter and therefor do the install myself. Am I correct?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts