Prices up, no new HD (yet)

tjwgrr

Route of the Northliners
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Western Michigan
Prices up at Dishnetwork.com with some 6 mo teaser rates for new subs. No new HD to substantiate the increase (yet.) :down

We'll have to wait and see what happens today and tomorrow.

I was going to switch from DVR advantage (top 200) with the $10.00 HD add on to the HD only Turbo Gold thinking there may be 6-10 additional HD channels, but I'm not changing for now....

I'm a very patient 12+ year E* customer and love my Dish DVRs, but if E* doesn't step up to the plate soon, I will look seriously at D*. U-Verse and Fios are not options for me. My patience is wearing thin.

Prices up at Dishnetwork.com with some 6 mo teaser rates for new subs. No new HD to substantiate the increase (yet.) :down

We'll have to wait and see what happens today and tomorrow.

I was going to switch from DVR advantage (top 200) with the $10.00 HD add on to the HD only Turbo Gold thinking there may be 6-10 additional HD channels, but not for now....

Unless they magically increased my latest bill overnight, I was charged the same rate for Feb. as Jan., i.e., the old rate. I think the new rates will apply to the forward billing for March that will occur on my billing date of Feb. 16. They still have some time to get some more HD up. I'm with you on switching packages. I'm dropping to an HD package as soon as they get the national HD added they mentioned on Dec. 31.

Well, I called this morning and downgraded from TurboHD silver DVR advantage to Bronze(I also have HBO & Starz) I have seen the list of proposed new HD channels and NOTHING on that list has me excited. I hate to move backwards, but I can't justify spending $10.00 more for the same programming plus a half dozen new(future HD) channels I never watch!