Pricing with HD channels?

kyguy

Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
Kentucky
I made a post on the DirectTV forum because that is the way I was leaning, but after crunching the numbers when paired with DSL the post 12 month promo prices aren't quite what I thought they would be. I have a friend who says he had Time Warner offering him digital cable and 7 meg internet for 74 dollars a month for two years.

Time Warner's website is basically useless for research though. I can't find anything on their standard rates, or how much HD costs or what they consider "basic HD". I know prices are different based on area, but just in general what do their rates with an HD package and bundled with internet look like?

You have to put in your zip code and find the rate card for your area. They do not "charge" extra for HD, but instead require that you rent a redicuosly expensive DVR or converter box to watch HD. You can go the cablecard route with TiVo, but then you have to pay TiVo fees, unless you find an used TiVo HD version with lifetime service, cheap.

Essentially if you get it in SD and they have the HD version there is no extra charge beyond the box rental.

If there is no competition in your area, the rates will be significantely higher....

Some people they will call and offer TV, phone and roadrunner for $79 a month for 2 years guaranteed.
Need to be leaving a competitor.

If you are a current sub for some of their services, call them and tell them you are thinking of going to Directv, FIOS or Dish, they will make you a offer. Likewise if you are a Dish or Directv sub and telling them you are thinking of dumping the dish, they will make you a very enticing offer. However, just because you switch from Dish you are not immune from channel loss (i.e. MSG channels, NFL Network, HDnet). But in many cases the offer will be too good to pass up. Like in my case, 25 mbps internet, whole house dvr, two hd boxes, plus all their tiers except spannish or premium movies (hbo, showtime, etc) for $115 a month for two years with no contract requirement on my part.

Bright House Florida TiVo & Cable Card Users Tuning Adapter Update

DMA's, local channels, orphans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts