Prime Time Anytime

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I was wondering if there is any way that I can set record Prime Time Anytime to record using my over the air antenna. I do have the antenna plugged in to my Hopper receiver. I am trying to save on my monthly bill since I have a good antenna. Thanks.

I was wondering if there is any way that I can set record Prime Time Anytime to record using my over the air antenna. I do have the antenna plugged in to my Hopper receiver. I am trying to save on my monthly bill since I have a good antenna. Thanks.
No, PTAT is dependent on the four networks being on the same transponder. If you have a Hopper 3, however, you could set timers for each network individually for those hours and get what you want. With 16 tuners, using 4 at a time is no biggie...

No, that is not possible. PTAT works because all of the prime-time TV stations are on the same transponder so Dish can record all events on that transponder at once. Your OTA channel does not use a satellite transponder, it is over the air, so it has to be recorded separately.

EDIT: I guess Bobby types faster than I do! :)

No, PTAT is dependent on the four networks being on the same transponder. If you have a Hopper 3, however, you could set timers for each network individually for those hours and get what you want. With 16 tuners, using 4 at a time is no biggie...
Since when does the Hopper 3 support 4 OTA tuners? It sounded like the OP wanted to drop the satellite locals to save money.

Reactions: joegr
...For that matter, if you record the (satellite-delivered) four major networks at the same time, they always share the same tuner, whether you use PTAT or not. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts