Prime working on Joey 3

eichenberg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Did I miss something? I thought Prime would not work on the Joey 3. I was adding a few channels to my favorites and I saw the Prime logo, so I added it and voila it works. Logged into to my Amazon account and started watching a show.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sktrus and TheKrell
Just a reminder that even with one of the Joey models that now support Prime (Joey 3 and 4K Joey) it will only show up if that Joey is connected to either a HWS or Hopper 3. That sucked for me when I still had a Hopper Duo. My new (well, new to me) Hopper 3 should be arriving soon though. :)

Reactions: TheKrell
Anyone try Prime on their 4K Joey yet? Does 4K content work?
I hadn't tried it on my 4kJ until I read your post. I just pulled up "The Living Sea (4K UHD)" from Prime and it works. Now somebody will ask how do you know it's coming in in UHD and I'll say I don't know. I'll have to compare it to how it looks on Prime as delivered by the built-in Roku on my 4k TV.

I hadn't tried it on my 4kJ until I read your post. I just pulled up "The Living Sea (4K UHD)" from Prime and it works. Now somebody will ask how do you know it's coming in in UHD and I'll say I don't know. I'll have to compare it to how it looks on Prime as delivered by the built-in Roku on my 4k TV.
Try taking a look at Coming 2 America (the new one) and see if you notice anything different. (in fact if a few people with 4K TV's and 4K Joeys could try that, it would be great!)

I don't want to give anything away but there is a new feature that I seen tested, but I don't know if it has rolled out to the Public yet. (And I have asked Dish a few times and have received no reply)

prime works on my joey3. however my problems start when exiting the app. i cant get to live tv without unplugging the device each time. according to the display screen its 128am and i have -597h 28m left of this wonderful no info tv. yet another wonderful glitch with this wonderful dish equipment that i feel like taking outside and using for target practice. lately its something everyday with this hopper & joey setup.

couple of hours prior to this new found the app event, directv called me for a win-back offer. in hopes of dish fixing my issues, i declined. how stupid of me.

Attachments

• dish pic.jpg
    dish pic.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 126
  • Wow
Reactions: pattykay
I think I know what you're getting at. My TV reported that Coming 2 America was coming 2 my 4kJ with HDR. Maybe I'm a member of The Public?
That is soooo important. That could mean that we will begin to see sports and on demand movies in 4K HDR soon!

Try taking a look at Coming 2 America (the new one) and see if you notice anything different. (in fact if a few people with 4K TV's and 4K Joeys could try that, it would be great!)

I don't want to give anything away but there is a new feature that I seen tested, but I don't know if it has rolled out to the Public yet. (And I have asked Dish a few times and have received no reply)
I know of this feature and it should be testing very soon

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)