Primestar Dish Instead of super dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dodge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Plano, Illinois, United States
I have a couple of old primestar dishes and a Globecast dish laying around, can I use them to get locals at 121 Dish network. The Globecast dish has a single lnb 1 f connector. The Primestar dish has 2 the H polarity and the v polarity. Can I use any one of these dishes to get locals only at 121. I have a 508 IRD I want to use with it.

The dish's yes but the lnbfs Im not sure on, you should be able to pick up an fss lnbf pretty easy though, you will probably have to modify the end of the arm to accept the lnbf and may have to adjust the length though but I doubt it.

You can definitely use the Primestar dish and LNBF as long as your setup is Legacy based.

A little about the old Primestar LNBF courtesy of the old dishinfo.info site:

Think of this style of LNB as like a standard dual LNB, but one side is locked to each polarity. If your using a switch that does this already, like the SW64 or SW44, you can simply get away with directly connecting each output to its related input on the switch

For switches that don't lock the LNB, like the SW21 or SW42 a basic 2 input 4 output multiswitch is needed.

Attachments

• 3-sathv.jpg
    3-sathv.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 3satku.jpg
    3satku.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 226
no, the dp34 is expecting both polarities stacked, with that lnb you only get one or the other.

If you use the Primestar dish with the dual H/V LNB, you CAN use it with a DP34. HOWEVER, this will ONLY work if your locals are on an ODD transponder. AND, keep in mind that E* is notorious about shuffling channels around, so just because it is on an ODD now, doesn't mean it will stay on an odd. The reason this works is because the P* LNB is NOT voltage switched, like most other legacy LNBs. Therefore, the 19V charge from the DP34 will allow the P* LNB to send the odds back on the lower band where it is expected. With a voltage switched LNB, the 19V chage would send the evens back on the lower band, and DP is not expecting it on the lower band. I don't remeber which polarty E*9 uses for the odds, but it CAN work. This is the ONLY instance of a legacy LNB working with a DP setup that I know of, and it is unique because of how the P* LNB works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)