Guide issues (811) -- any ideas?

TheTimm

Made In Detroit
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 18, 2004
Charlotte, NC
For the past week or so my program guide has been all screwy. It used to have all the shows listed for three or four days, and now I'm lucky if it shows what's on now. Everything after that just says "no info". And the locals just always say "local digital". I've tried turning off the receiver (I usually just keep it on 24/7) and then it "acquires" the satellite signal and downloads the PG info... but only an hour or so of it. Do I need to unplug the thing for a while? Perform an exorcism? Shoot it? Am I going to actually have to break down and call someone at Dish?

Any thoughts/ideas?

Other than the VOOM PG being messed up, I haven't had any problems with my 811s...but I mostly use the 942. The 942 has been a real nightmare post L2.80/L2.81; the box went from being a Hero to a Zero overnight.

I started having the same symptoms last week. I pulled the plug for 10 minutes, and when it came back, it was healed.

Last night I checked to see how far out my guide will go. Only 2 days! I thought it was longer than that. Recently I have seen program information in the guide, but when I press browse and scoll up or down a few channels show "No Information". I confirm that there is information in the guide. Weird...

Reboot your 811, either soft or hard. Leave it on a satellite channel when you turn it off at night and please turn it off at night. The EPG is good for 48 hours, which is quite a bit more than it used to be when the 811 first was released.

TheTimm said:
Do I need to unplug the thing for a while? Perform an exorcism? Shoot it? Am I going to actually have to break down and call someone at Dish?

Any thoughts/ideas?
Does your system check screen show any problems such as a history of data loss? Have you ran a Check Switch? Are all your Dish/Switch/Receiver cable connections good? Are you actually getting a good signal for the satellite that provides the EPG data? Notwithstanding, if everything checks out well with the Check Switch, you may need to perform a Factory Defaults and once it is back up and running do a 30 second power cord unplug. If that doesn't work it sounds like it is time for another receiver.

Tuned it to a sat channel last night, and turned it off. Woke up with the same problems. (Of course, I forgot about the reboot, which in hindsight was probably a pretty important part to forget. Duh.) Pulled the plug this morning for ten munutes or so, and it seems to be healed. Have a couple days of guide info ( up to early Sunday ), including the local channels. Good deal. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Its a known reciever issue.. actually a software issue.. Front panel reset takes care of it. They plan to take care of it on the next software release which will be happening within the next month if things go right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts