Primestar eliptical. Can it be used for SC?

htguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
North of the TwinCities
Sorry but I have searched here and google with no real answers to what LNB (part number or comparable) is being used on the SC eliptical dish.

Will the Primestar dish work for SC? I have read that it will but I would appreciate any feedback that can be offered.

Am I better off going with an equipment dealer like kusat.com or buying the equipment up north? We have a trip planned in a month.

If I buy equipment up there will I have a hard getting a broker to authorize the box?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

HT

ON a side note I read here that buying off ebay is a very bad idea. Is the only issue if the box has been banned or has a balance?

htguy said:
Will the Primestar dish work for SC?

Yes it will

ON a side note I read here that buying off ebay is a very bad idea. Is the only issue if the box has been banned or has a balance?

You can call SC with the receiver serial #, they will let you if the box can be transferred.

The Primestar dish will only work for one satellite.

All English stuff is on the main (107.3) but HD is on the other satellite (111.1)

Thanks for the replies.

What do you think is the best way to acquire the hardware that will work when I register with a broker?

1. Shop in the great white north
2. Online dealer
3. Ebay

The SC dishes now look at 2 satellites
107.3 has most English stuff
111.1 has HD and French channels

The LNB that comes with the SC dish has both “eyes” squished together.

The problem with the Primestar dish is it can only see one satellite. So it will work great if you have no interest in French channels or HD, but won’t work if you do.

The older LNB’s for SC looked like 2 beer cans that got hooked together with a 22k switch. The new ones are built in and are a quad

Well, the primestar dish are the same Channel Master dishes, you just need the correct LNB for it to work, you need the "binocular" looking one to get it all working.

The SC 60E dish I received, is exactly the same dish as the old 60E Primestar dish my neighbor used to have back in the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)