Primetime Anytime not working and no HD locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mareid123

Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
Arkansas
I am still having trouble getting help with Primetime Anytime. It still doesn't work, even after upgrading to the Hopper 3. I was told that I had to subscribe to the local channels, so I did that. It still didn't work. I also noticed that I was only receiving the locals in SD and not HD (even though I had them a year or so before in HD). I called DISH tonight, and they said that I had to have at least the 120 package in order to receive the locals in HD (The tech said that only the 120 and higher packages had "Free HD for Life"). So I upgraded to the 120 package plus locals. Still no HD locals. I reset my Hopper and 4k Joey and made sure that I had all channels shown in the guide. No luck. Does anyone have any ideas why I am not receiving HD locals and my PTAT isn't working? I have called/chatted with tech support at least 4-5 times and haven't had any luck.

Where are your local channels from? We also need to know which satellites you are looking at. To find that, press Home three times to get to your Diagnostics screen. Now, go down to Dish and you should see what satellites you are receiving. BTW, I was receiving my local channels in HD with the Welcome Pack so your CSR was selling you a bill of goods.

Reactions: pattykay
Depends which DMA you are located in. There are a few where all HD locals are not available (Lafayette, IN) for example. That's where I am and PTAT does not work here either. At least not last April when I dumped Dish for local TELCO now sending IPTV over 2 pair bonded copper DSL. Now get locals in HD along with sub-channels in SD. Much better local service and cheaper!

We must know which satellites you are using, before a more coherent answer can be given, please follow the directions in post #2.

I had mucho mas trouble with PTAT when I had 110/119/129 and 61.5 because the receiver was confused by the two sets of locals from two satellites, SD from 110 and HD from 61.5. PTAT wold record only ABC mostly and in SD not HD.

Dish finally switched me to EA (61.5 and 72.7) and PTAT has been great since.

I'm in Dover, AR. I am receiving signals from 119, 110, and 120, and I think the channels are associated with Little Rock.
That's your issue, you should be on the eastern arc (sats 61.5, and 72.7) this would give you your locals in hd and would also give you prime time anytime

Little Rock is on Eastern arc sat 61.5 or 77 sat if you still have the older 1000.4 sat dish. No longer on western arc sats except for the SD versions.

They got me all fixed up! They just had to reconnect my wing dish that one of the last technicians had disconnected a year or two ago.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts