Pro Plus Twin to QUad

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kgaspari

Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Southern Nevada
I want to change my Pro Plus Twin LNBF to a Quad. Mounted it up. Signals are excellent. Receivers recognize the Quad but says there is a problem. I must be missing something. Should be as easy as checking the switch, right?
I defer to the experts!

DishVIP is trying to tell you that there is no such thing as a DishPro Plus quad, in case that's what you thought you bought. Only legacy and DishPro quads exist.

I want to change my Pro Plus Twin LNBF to a Quad. Mounted it up. Signals are excellent. Receivers recognize the Quad but says there is a problem. I must be missing something. Should be as easy as checking the switch, right?
I defer to the experts!

It depends on what receivers you have. If you have dual tuners then you need two cables running from the DP Quad to the back of the receiver (one in each of the sat ports). If it's a single tuner (btw a 612 or 512 is still a dual tuner) then you can manage just with one cable going in.

It depends on what receivers you have. If you have dual tuners then you need two cables running from the DP Quad to the back of the receiver (one in each of the sat ports). If it's a single tuner (btw a 612 or 512 is still a dual tuner) then you can manage just with one cable going in.

Forgot to add that some of the receivers will state in the check system screen "Error: Check for Details" and then when you go into details it will tell you that if you're only hooked up to 110 + 119 then you do not have a problem. Have you experienced any performance problems with your receivers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts